Options

Did I rush my ICND Test Schedule?

steele84steele84 Member Posts: 62 ■■□□□□□□□□
Ok I'm sitting at the day before my exam, and I have taken the Kaplan Seftest 4 times in the last 3 days and I have gotten a 79% every time. The questions have actually be varied, but I did notice a couple of testlit questions that were repeats. Anyway my question is, whats my chances on passing the real exam if I'm failing the Kaplan self test? Do I need an 84% to pass? Thanks
“What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.”

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comments

• Options
    koz24koz24 Member Posts: 766 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Passing score for ICND1 is 804
  • Options
    v1ralv1ral Member Posts: 116 ■■□□□□□□□□
    What kind of questions did you have to answer on the Kaplan self test? I took practice exams from Netacademy for my CCNA and still did terrible on them after a month of studying.
  • Options
    I'm missing mostly on Network Device Sec, IP Routing Tech, and LAN Switching. Inter change them as they are close. I'm just concerned that with a consistent grade of 79% then I'd say my skill level isn't quite where it needs to be for the ICND1 exam. I don't know if I should cram for an extra bump or just take the plunge and see where I end up!
    “What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.”

Ralph Waldo Emerson
  • Options
    koz24koz24 Member Posts: 766 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Cramming at this point can do you more harm than good. 79% is real close to the cutoff of 804/1000 but who knows how hard Kaplan tests are compared to the real thing. Maybe someone who has done both can share their experiences. I'd also drop the Kaplan tests altogether right now and focus on the blueprint and subnetting. Trying to get better scores on those exams won't help on you the real exams much. Just go over the blueprint and review your weak areas.
  • Options
    volfkhatvolfkhat Member Posts: 1,054 ■■■■■■■■□□
    At this point, it's out of your Hands.

So.... Go ahead and take the Test.
    And also..... RELAX.

Even if you Flunk; it's no Big Deal.

Pay attention to the type of Questions/topics you are struggling on.
    Hell, WRITE THEM down on your Squiggy Board.

If it says you flunked, then memroize what you Wrote down, Run out to your Car, and then **** it into a cell-phone-video.

Re-focus your studies from there :]

Personally, i ALWAYS record a video immediately after an exam-sitting. It's always FUN to go back and listen to me Complain & B#tch about how Stupid/unfair/Dumb the questions were!!

Relax my friend. You will be fine Either way :]
  • Options
    DeathmageDeathmage Banned Posts: 2,496
    I've accepted the fact that some certifications are easier than others but it's also different for each person.

Me I think Cisco is awesome I just think it's going to be a long haul for me to get to CCIE level.
  • Options
    Well, i took my test yesterday and I Failed with a score of 788. I'll post the break down tonight. I can sum up this test for me....... TIME MANAGEMENT! I got my configuration sim in the middle of the test (question 20 or so) It was on OSPF trouble shooting, and I think I got it right but I spend around 20-25 min working on it. I ran out of time. I had 10 questions left with 5 min to go. I feel that I might have passed if I had 5 more min. I have taken away from the test areas that I need to review. The main thing is that I need to focus on the deeper depth that Lammle dives into. I went through the cbtnuggets course twice, and it's good to get a basic "how this works" foundation, but when I got to the test I found quite a few terms that I have seen before but didn't really nail down. I'm confident that I will pass next time. I'm going to take a few days off and get rolling on this again. Thanks

Ralph Waldo Emerson