Options

You can't afford me

2»

Comments

• Options
    apr911apr911 Member Posts: 380 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Where do you guys find these 6 figure WFH jobs? Because I need to find one for myself. Im getting the salary numbers now but have to show up to the office 5 days a week (I can WFH on occasion) which ties me to a very expensive area. If I were working from home, I'd move somewhere cheaper or even pack up my place all together and go travel.
    Currently Working On: Openstack
    2020 Goals: AWS/Azure/GCP Certifications, F5 CSE Cloud, SCRUM, CISSP-ISSMP
  • Options
    joelsfoodjoelsfood Member Posts: 1,027 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Dumb luck for me. This was a standard office job that transitioned into wfh leading up to paternity leave for my daughter, then just never went back. As I keep telling people, your bets luck for full WFH (not wfh with 70% travel, which is another cat), is a lot of luck, and a lot of skill. You have to be good enough that you can convince your boss that you're worth keeping aroudn even working from home. It's not for everyone, either. As has been mentioned many times in other threads, a lot of people are much less productive at home. For myself, I get a lot more done.
  • Options
    PupilPupil Member Posts: 168
    You're really lucky to have a 100% work from home job. If I could work from home consistently at least one day a week, I'd be happy.
  • Options
    blargoeblargoe Member Posts: 4,174 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I am in the same boat, I get hit up constantly, but the majority of the jobs are either temp or are much, much lower than my current salary. I admit that I am bringing home a good amount higher paycheck than what is "market" for my area (100K+ for a server/storage/virtualization guy here is outstanding), but I'd at least like to see something around or slightly above market. Things have gotten absolutely miserable at my current job (manager/peer issues, other wise great company) and I am desperate to get out.
    IT guy since 12/00

Recent: 11/2019 - RHCSA (RHEL 7); 2/2019 - Updated VCP to 6.5 (just a few days before VMware discontinued the re-cert policy...)
    Working on: RHCE/Ansible
    Future: Probably continued Red Hat Immersion, Possibly VCAP Design, or maybe a completely different path. Depends on job demands...