Cissp - issmp vs cism & crisc

corpseccorpsec Member Posts: 73 ■■■□□□□□□□
I have recently passed the CISM and seriously considering the CRISC in December and then later doing the ISSMP.

Does anyone know if CISM + CRISC would aid with studying for the ISSMP? I know the CISM would certainly overlap with ISSMP but not quite sure how helpful CRISC or CGEIT would be.

ISSMP Domains:
  • Security Leadership and Management
  • Security Lifecycle Management
  • Security Compliance Management
  • Contingency Management
  • Law, Ethics, and Incident Management
CISM Domains:
Domain 1—Information Security Governance (24%)
Domain 2—Information Risk Management and Compliance (33%)
Domain 3—Information Security Program Development and Management (25%)
Domain 4—Information Security Incident Management (18%)

CRISC Domains:
Domain 1—Risk Identification, Assessment and Evaluation (31%)
Domain 2—Risk Response (17%)
Domain 3—Risk Monitoring (17%)
Domain 4—Information Systems Control Design and Implementation (17%)
Domain 5—IS Control Monitoring and Maintenance (18%)

CGEIT Domains:
Domain 1: Framework for the Governance of Enterprise IT (25%)
Domain 2: Strategic Management (20%)
Domain 3: Benefits Realization (16%)
Domain 4: Risk Optimization (24%)
Domain 5: Resource Optimization (15%)

Comments

• cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    How about studying and purchasing materials instead of being a beggar of stolen intellectual property? A part of me hopes people like you waste the money and fail the test.
  • JoJoCal19JoJoCal19 Mod Posts: 2,835 Mod
    Actually, cyberguypr is one of the more respected people on these forums. Please leave now before you embarrass yourself further.
    Have: CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, eJPT, GCIA, GSEC, CCSP, CCSK, AWS CSAA, AWS CCP, OCI Foundations Associate, ITIL-F, MS Cyber Security - USF, BSBA - UF, MSISA - WGU
    Currently Working On: Python, OSCP Prep
    Next Up:​ OSCP
    Studying:​ Code Academy (Python), Bash Scripting, Virtual Hacking Lab Coursework
  • cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    This is golden. Basically the equivalent of me going to a neurosurgery conference and telling those doctors they have been treating atypical trigeminal neuralgia the wrong way for all these years.
  • E Double UE Double U Member Posts: 2,228 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I am actually eating popcorn as I read this thread. :D
    Alphabet soup from (ISC)2, ISACA, GIAC, EC-Council, Microsoft, ITIL, Cisco, Scrum, CompTIA, AWS
  • CyberscumCyberscum Member Posts: 795 ■■■■■□□□□□
    calvinhobi wrote: »
    You must be a real Bugg*r people have to put up with. Part of me already knows what a failure you are. Such a shame.
    PS.. These forums exist and are based on mutual cooperation, unless you aren't up for someone's good, dont linger around such forums. Loser.

Says the guy with 5 posts...

...man you have helped out this community so much. We cannot thank you enough.