CCDE Written Round 2 - passed

malcyboodmalcybood Member Posts: 900 ■■■□□□□□□□
I passed the CCDE written today with 945 / 1000

Failed it at the start of July with 618, but I was so busy at work for the 2 weeks in build up to it and didn't get enough time to revise all of the notes I had already made.

That was in addition to my car getting broken two days before the exam....wasn't ideal prep and probably wasnt in the right mindset.

This time I felt good going into it although tired. Long days of work then study are catching up but need to keep momentum going.

I booked the practical in London for 19th Nov and attending Jeremy Filliben's CCDE class in Orlando this October.

Other than that I intend to write down every design I can think of relating to tech included in the exam and come up with different deployments and plenty more reading of RFCs and books on safari that I have already read.

This has been a mentally gruelling experience for me to date but I'll keep going until I reach the intended goal of becoming CCDE.

I will update later about my thoughts of the exam within NDA and resources I used, but for now I am just happy to be a step closer. All I will say is the written exam is quite DMVPN, routing and service provider Layer 2 heavy so I expect more of the same in practical.

Significant amount of hard work ahead in next few months!

Comments