Options

What is your take on these two books?

JoeCertsJoeCerts Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello!

First time poster here! You look like awesome community. :)

I have decided to go for CCNA certification to boost my IT knowledge and start working towards better position. I have some prior experience from polytechnic school but it's been few years since I've touched Cisco equipment. I'm going to start with a book and go from there. I know Lammle books come highly recommended however I would like to know what is your take and experience on thouse two books?

1. CCNA Routing and Switching Deluxe Study Guide: Exams 100-101, 200-101, and 200-120 by Todd Lammle and William Tedder
2. Cisco CCNA in 60 Days by Paul W. Browning, Farai Tafa, Dario Barinic

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Senior Member Posts: 0 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I have used the CCNA in 60 days book to get my CCNA and the program does work. Either book you can't go wrong in my opinion. I would recommend buying the 60 days ebook from Amazon for $10 instead of the paperback version for $70. Why not get both? The more reference material you have, the better chance you have at passing the exam. Just don't get to much prep material where you get overwhelmed. 2-3 books is usually what you want per certification exam. Paul's book is structured well and if you follow the program exactly as he has it, you will pass. Todd Lammle's book is more of a reference book that covers in depth Cisco and if you can take your time preparing for it where the 60 days book is geared towards if you need you CCNA for your current job (required to maintain job or get a job) or if you need it for a resume booster for a job posting you want quickly if that makes sense. The 60 days book is basically "hacking the CCENT/CCNA exams". Also, look at Wendell Odom's books also and look at Chris Bryant's video course on Udemy also. Good luck with you decision! Either way, you can't go wrong.
  • Options
    JoeCertsJoeCerts Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks for the fast reply!
    I will check out the Udemy course and Odom's book as well.
  • Options
    james43026james43026 Member Posts: 303 ■■□□□□□□□□
    JoeCerts wrote: »
    Hello!

First time poster here! You look like awesome community. :)

I have decided to go for CCNA certification to boost my IT knowledge and start working towards better position. I have some prior experience from polytechnic school but it's been few years since I've touched Cisco equipment. I'm going to start with a book and go from there. I know Lammle books come highly recommended however I would like to know what is your take and experience on thouse two books?

1. CCNA Routing and Switching Deluxe Study Guide: Exams 100-101, 200-101, and 200-120 by Todd Lammle and William Tedder
    2. Cisco CCNA in 60 Days by Paul W. Browning, Farai Tafa, Dario Barinic

Thanks

1.) Todd Lammle writes some great books
    2.) I would recommend a book called Network Warrior, it is a great read as well for anyone wanting to learn more about networking.