Options

CCNET or CCNA

sprint1221sprint1221 Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
I certified net+ and going to prepare for CISCO cert. What would be better to prepare for ccent and then ccna or skip ccent and prepare for ccna since I certified net+

Comments

• Options
    james43026james43026 Member Posts: 303 ■■□□□□□□□□
    This all depends on how experienced you are with working with networking equipment. The Net+ is a joke compared to any Cisco exam. I would recommend the two exam path if you have no previous experience working with the actual equipment. I took the one exam approach because I have experience working with live equipment, and I have a home lab. I would recommend two books to you, One is Todd Lammles CCNA book, the other is called Network Warrior. I would also recommend you either get some equipment for a home lab, or you use a network emulator or simulator like Ciscos Packet Tracer, or GNS3, or Ciscos VIRL, I think pearson might make one as well. I would also recommend CBTnuggets, their videos are amazing. The point is that the CCNA is a very difficult exam for many, and there are alot of people that go into it unprepared.
  • Options
    networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    I'd just go straight for the CCNA. It's a better return on investment than CCENT and you have to learn it all anyway. Never been a big fan of the two test vs one test method for any Cisco cert.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • Options
    sprint1221sprint1221 Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    james43026 Thank you for your comment and what equipment would you recommend to get for home lab.