Options

Have MCSA 2000, Going for MCSA 2012

gphalpingphalpin Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi Everyone, I earned the MCSA cert way back in 2002 for Windows 2000. Since then I've done a great deal of work with Active Directory, Microsoft clusters, SQL server, DNS, DHCP, group policy, etc. But in the past few years, I've been doing more with VMware and Linux so I didn't keep up on the MS certs.

My new job requires that I focus more on Windows again and I would like to go earn another Microsoft cert to refresh my skills and be current. I plan on taking 70-410 to get started and go from there. I picked up the Sybex book for it by William Panek.

I'm curious about the difficulty of the exams these days. I know a lot of Microsoft products and features very well but have no experience with HyperV as I've done all VMware virtualization. I have some experience with PowerShell but not much. Very little with SCCM. The books I picked up stress those technologies.

I can test all I need to at work or online. I've been watching videos on Microsoft Academy and going through the book. Any other suggestions.

Thanks,

Greg

Comments