Options

Job Experience While Studying for CCNA

Arthurb718Arthurb718 Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
What kind of jobs should I try to apply for in order to get experience while I am studying for my CCNA?

I will have an Information Systems degree by the end of the year, which is basically Half Computer Science and have Finance, So I know C++, Java, Python and SQL, financial analytics, but have no real IT hardware knowledge in routers or switches and that is a career path that really intrigues me, thank you for any help.

Comments

• Options
    DeathmageDeathmage Banned Posts: 2,496
    That's the problem with some college degrees. They don't always teach you practical things

As for CCNA work without the certification that a doozey. You're going to need to start with help desk and work with the networking team to get the exposure you're seeking or work as a IT Manager or JOAT'S.

I know this sound bleak but getting your foot in the door is sometimes the hardest thing to do and most of the time persistence is the only way to find these jobs and tons of resume submissions.
  • Options
    ccnpninjaccnpninja Member Posts: 1,010 ■■■□□□□□□□

I know this sound bleak but getting your foot in the door is sometimes the hardest thing to do and most of the time persistence is the only way to find these jobs and tons of resume submissions.

I second that