Options

Holy Acronyms!

cptkirk18cptkirk18 Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
I have been studying for the A+ exam using Mike Meyers all in one book and everything is going really well. The only thing I am having problems with is remembering what all the acronyms stand for. A lot of times I have to go back in my book to look up what a certain acronym stands for. How do you guys remember what all of these acronyms stand for? Just make bunch of flash cards of them all?

Comments

• Options
    vinnypolstonvinnypolston Member Posts: 53 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Flash cards, flash cards, flash cards :) That's the best method for me when studying acronyms and ports. There's a lot of information to remember; but you can do this!
  • Options
    ComputerGuyBryComputerGuyBry Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    cptkirk18 wrote: »
    I have been studying for the A+ exam using Mike Meyers all in one book and everything is going really well. The only thing I am having problems with is remembering what all the acronyms stand for. A lot of times I have to go back in my book to look up what a certain acronym stands for. How do you guys remember what all of these acronyms stand for? Just make bunch of flash cards of them all?
    Do you have any tips on where to get some flash cards? Or any particular methods?
  • Options
    SeaRipSeaRip Member Posts: 24 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Do you have any tips on where to get some flash cards? Or any particular methods?

One of the members here, Bloodshotbetty, shared a site where you can make you own flash cards.

Upon searching the site further I found that a lot of other people had used this site to make flash cards for a number of A+ things, but here's a link to the acronyms for 801.

https://quizlet.com/69161182/comptia-a-220-801-acronym-study-flash-cards/

Best of luck!
  • Options
    ComputerGuyBryComputerGuyBry Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Fantastic! Thank you!
  • Options
    cptkirk18cptkirk18 Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    SeaRip that is perfect! Saves me from having to scour through the book to hunt them all down.
  • Options
    SeaRipSeaRip Member Posts: 24 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Fantastic! Thank you!

You're welcome. Happy to help!