Boson Practice test 1: 716/1000

NansNans Member Posts: 160
Hi Guys,

This is my first real experience with any test engine. I got freaked out in the troubleshooting section. Actually i scored 16 % in the WAN section which i didn't read completely. What do you think guys a score of 716/1000 for the first exam and without reading WAN section do you I am studying enough or should I study more ( I know obiously its a never ending job of studying) still just asking opinion of how bad is that score,

Regards
2016 Certification Goals: CCNP Route /COLOR][B][/B][I][B]X[/B][/I][COLOR=#008000-->Switch/COLOR]:study:[COLOR=#ff8c00-->TShoot[], CCDP []

Comments

• mikeybinecmikeybinec Member Posts: 484 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I am a fan of Boson but I can tell you that they have some nonsense in there. One of their questions has to do with modifying the eigrp route selection and the answer has to do with changing the delay metric..WAY over the top for CCNA but when you file a feedback, they have a clown named Brian who is the gatekeeper/censor who gives you the standard "yeah, dude, that's part of the exam" Total moron
    Cisco NetAcad Cuyamaca College
    A.S. LAN Management 2010 Grossmont College
    B.S. I.T. Management 2013 National University
  • networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    If you aren't passing you need to study more.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • techfiendtechfiend Member Posts: 1,481 ■■■■□□□□□□
    It's not bad, probably passing excluding the wan section. Boson's ICND2 test was easier than my real test.
    2018 AWS Solutions Architect - Associate (Apr) 2017 VCAP6-DCV Deploy (Oct) 2016 Storage+ (Jan)
    2015 Start WGU (Feb) Net+ (Feb) Sec+ (Mar) Project+ (Apr) Other WGU (Jun) CCENT (Jul) CCNA (Aug) CCNA Security (Aug) MCP 2012 (Sep) MCSA 2012 (Oct) Linux+ (Nov) Capstone/BS (Nov) VCP6-DCV (Dec) ITILF (Dec)
  • White WizardWhite Wizard Member Posts: 179
    mikeybinec wrote: »
    I am a fan of Boson but I can tell you that they have some nonsense in there. One of their questions has to do with modifying the eigrp route selection and the answer has to do with changing the delay metric..WAY over the top for CCNA but when you file a feedback, they have a clown named Brian who is the gatekeeper/censor who gives you the standard "yeah, dude, that's part of the exam" Total moron

Are you referring to changing the delay from 20 to 18?

That's important to know but I agree that it is not necessary for ICND2.
    "The secret to happiness is doing what you love. The secret to success is loving what you do."
    techfiend wrote: »
    It's not bad, probably passing excluding the wan section. Boson's ICND2 test was easier than my real test.

Absolutely agree. I dont think Boson alone is enough for ICND2. I cant speak for the composite exam but Boson alone from my experience will not prepare you enough to pass ICND2 and I can ace all three exams over and over. I feel Boson has prepared me 75% of the way but the rest needs to come from another source.
    "The secret to happiness is doing what you love. The secret to success is loving what you do."
  • MooseboostMooseboost Member Posts: 778 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I will throw another vote for Boson ICND2 not being enough. This is again why I will always say that you should use as many resources as you can.
  • mikeybinecmikeybinec Member Posts: 484 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Are you referring to changing the delay from 20 to 18?

That's important to know but I agree that it is not necessary for ICND2.

The prob is, from my view and status, is it injects uncertainty is whether i'm ready to test for ICND2. When I see that garbage, I think I need to go back and study that particular issue more. Funny thing, is NONE of my several references, whether it be Lammle, Browning, Valentine, Graziani et al talk about this delay nonsense. Who do I believe?
    Cisco NetAcad Cuyamaca College
    A.S. LAN Management 2010 Grossmont College
    B.S. I.T. Management 2013 National University
    mikeybinec wrote: »
    The prob is, from my view and status, is it injects uncertainty is whether i'm ready to test for ICND2. When I see that garbage, I think I need to go back and study that particular issue more. Funny thing, is NONE of my several references, whether it be Lammle, Browning, Valentine, Graziani et al talk about this delay nonsense. Who do I believe?

I absolutely agree with you. When preparing for the CCENT everyone told me to have subnetting down and anyone in IT should know subnetting however when it came the CCENT that was another story so I see where you are coming from.

There are several areas Boson is lacking in for ICND2 but I do like their testing software.