Options

Ceh -- cissp

tarikos1311tarikos1311 Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi all.
I'm a little bit confused. Now that I'm certified CCNA R&S and Security, one of my colleagues advised that if I want to advance in the security world, I have to pass Security+, which will be allowing me to understand the technology and have a bright idea about what can inspire me to choose the right decision when it comes to security specialization.
According to some articles, CISSP is one of the best paths to take. Howewer, the prerequisites say that my experience has to be at least 5 years in the field.
Another path is CEH, which is interesting me. I want a piece of advice and some feedback regarding my situation. Thank you so much.

Comments

• Options
    ArchonArchon Member Posts: 183 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I did the CEH first and recently passed the CISSP exam (6 weeks so far waiting for my endorsement icon_sad.gif).

You can pass the CISSP exam without the relevant experience, you will just get Associate status until you do. There is a small part of CEH that would help towards your CISSP study. Personally it depends on your experience and knowledge whether you go straight into studying for the CISSP exam.
  • Options
    It seems that CEH is an interesting one. However I'm wondering if the self studying is enough to understand and pass the exam? of there are some specific prerequisites to take into account?
  • Options
    Mike7Mike7 Member Posts: 1,107 ■■■■□□□□□□
    It seems that CEH is an interesting one. However I'm wondering if the self studying is enough to understand and pass the exam? of there are some specific prerequisites to take into account?
    EC Council rather you take their course before taking the exam.

You can self study, but will need to go through a eligibility process.
    You need to show at least 2 years of infosec experience, fill in a form and pay US$100. EC-Council will then contact your supervisor to validate.

More details at EC-Council website.
  • Options
    That means if I have less than 2 years of infosec, I'm not going to be eligible?
  • Options
    Mike7Mike7 Member Posts: 1,107 ■■■■□□□□□□
    You can take the course.