Options

Digital Forensics Certification

Hi all,

I'm seeking for advises onto which digital Forensics certification/training to lookup / study toward.
This maybe more toward EU based regulations if this is a matter..

Thanks in advance,
regards,
m.

Comments

• Options
    636-555-3226636-555-3226 Member Posts: 975 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Start saving some money, SANS courses are calling your name:

https://www.sans.org/courses/forensics
  • Options
    mokazmokaz Member Posts: 172
    Start saving some money, SANS courses are calling your name:

What about the (ISC)2 CCFP credentials?
  • Options
    JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,028 Admin
    You would do best to look at DF certs that are being asked for in DF job postings. If you look at dice, monster, LinkedIn, etc. you will see the EnCE, ACE, and CCE are asked for quite a bit. The CCFP is asked for in some security analyst posts, but I don't see it required for DF work positions. The same is true for the GIAC forensics certs. I would get the (ISC)2 and GIAC certs if I were in DF full time anyway.
  • Options
    mamoreno89mamoreno89 Member Posts: 32 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I started off with ACE. Now, I am working my way towards other ones..

As stated, look at job postings and "snowball" ideas from it.
  • Options
    OM602OM602 Member Posts: 56 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I never saw a position in EU requesting CCFP so far, a quick Linkedin search doesnt return anything in Western Europe
    SANS training(and GIAC Certs) are well worth the money IMO, those are not only extremely useful but also in demand.
    The world chico, and everything in it
  • Options
    mokazmokaz Member Posts: 172
    Well so i've been checking a bit and it seems it turns out to be either; EnCE, ACE or CCE and as well the SANS twins; GCFA and GCFE.. So if i'd have to pick one, i'd go for the CCE i guess.. but i'm not secure on this yet, i've got to read a bit further to make an steady educated choice...

Thanks guys,
    best,
    m.