Options

Has this ever happened to anyone with your executive branch?

DeathmageDeathmage Banned Posts: 2,496
Hey guys,

Have you guys ever worked for a company who's Vice President had complete control over the company or multiples companies under one parent companies top-level DNS registrar and wouldn't give access to IT?

Basically I'm having an issues right now with ours not giving me access to DNS so I can point a public IP for a network services I'm deploying and they won't give us access by now they are confused and are asking for advice on how to do it. Kind of like a person that thinks he's all that and know enough to be dangerous but won't give control to the people he hired to manage these types of systems...

Like I told this person "The internet is essential one giant LAN with multiple DNS servers all talking to each other" and this person got confused..... I literally did a /face-hand-palm!

Comments

• Options
    echo_time_catecho_time_cat Member Posts: 74 ■■□□□□□□□□
    That's a bit of an odd situation you've got there. The VP obviously thinks the IT dept. can't be trusted?

At the ISP I work for, there are a few different people who have this access, mainly our Integrations Team and OPs.

Is the VP the ONLY one with access? Better hope he doesn't get hit by a bus or something...icon_lol.gif
  • Options
    636-555-3226636-555-3226 Member Posts: 975 ■■■■■□□□□□
    I'd just put a ticket in for the VP and let him handle it. If anybody asks you the status of us refer them to the ticket # and tell them they need to contact the VP to find out the status.