Options

CEH Journey kMastaflash's tale

2»

Comments

• Options
    Robertf969Robertf969 Member Posts: 190
    gncsmith wrote: »
    Robertf969
    How are the FEDVTE courses? I just got my login this morning and haven't been able to spend much time looking through them.

They are "ok" free material is good material I suppose. I have actually decided to postpone till V9 based on the horror stories I have been hearing about V8 lately.
  • Options
    TechGuru80TechGuru80 Member Posts: 1,539 ■■■■■■□□□□
    BillV_ wrote: »
    Why do you continue to spread inaccurate information? A change from 20 modules to 18 modules is a 10% change.

I agree spreading false or exaggerated information doesn't help anybody, which is what TE helps.
  • Options
    GreaterNinjaGreaterNinja Member Posts: 271
    Bill,
    I interpret this as being at least +/- 10% chance in passing or failing. I could fail at close to 60% or pass close to 80%. A change to the course ware and exam can increase the variance of pass/fail. I'm a little bit concerned as this can affect my school progress.
  • Options
    BillV_BillV_ Member Posts: 114 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Bill,
    I interpret this as being at least +/- 10% chance in passing or failing. I could fail at close to 60% or pass close to 80%. A change to the course ware and exam can increase the variance of pass/fail. I'm a little bit concerned as this can affect my school progress.

Not likely. The exam coverage has had a 0% change. Plus, you're assuming that a 10% change in course material would directly relate to a 10% weight potential on the exam. That 10% change in coverage may only be weighted at 4% on the exam (and then you'd fail at 66% or pass at 74%). But, that would also be assuming that in a group with say, 7 other subjects, all of the questions just happened to be related to that new change. Looks like you're a math guy so I'm sure you can figure out the probability of getting all of those questions on the same topic icon_smile.gif