Options

Biometrics device acceptance

Sam_aquaSam_aqua Member Posts: 72 ■■□□□□□□□□
Folks

Which Biometric technology do you think would be rated 1 (Top) and rated bottom in terms of User's acceptance. and why ?
  1. Keystroke Dynamics
  2. Signature Dynamics
  3. Voice Print
  4. Facial Recognition
  5. Palm Scan
  6. Hand geometry
  7. Retina Scan
  8. Iris Scan
Cheers
Sam

Comments

• Options
    nk_vnnk_vn Member Posts: 38 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I would rate Keystroke dynamics as the top one, as it does not even require additional actions from the user.

Retina scan would be at the bottom, as the thought of scanning one's blood vessels would make most people feel like they are at the doctor's
  • Options
    TheFORCETheFORCE Member Posts: 2,297 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Sam_aqua wrote: »
    Folks

Which Biometric technology do you think would be rated 1 (Top) and rated bottom in terms of User's acceptance. and why ?
    1. Keystroke Dynamics
    2. Signature Dynamics
    3. Voice Print
    4. Facial Recognition
    5. Palm Scan
    6. Hand geometry
    7. Retina Scan
    8. Iris Scan
    Cheers
    Sam

Biometric acceptance has to do a lot with degradation. Over time the rules used in the biometric devices will degrade and will not be accurate. In the examples you provided keystroke and signature dynamics will not be very accurate over time. When you are young you might type faster and slower as your age, or you might get injured and hurt your fingers and so on. The point with the biometrics is to find something that either does not change at all over time, or it changes very slowly that the user does not have to re-enroll every couple of months.
  • Options
    Keystroke dynamics would still require a user to do something manually, however with Voice print I'd think a less effort required as compared to pushing keys on the keyboard.

As commented by TheFORCE, The point with the biometrics is to find something that either does not change at all over time, or it changes very slowly that the user does not have to re-enroll every couple of months, do you mean IRIS Scan as it doesn't change lifetime ? as Even Retina scan would not give accurate results in case of a pregnancy or some other health issues.

Any other opinion folks ?
  • Options
    Sam_aqua wrote: »
    Keystroke dynamics would still require a user to do something manually, however with Voice print I'd think a less effort required as compared to pushing keys on the keyboard.

Isn't keystroke dynamics used together with entering PIN/password? The user has to enter it anyway.
  • Options
    As per Zypher Analysis, Voice scan and Keystroke dynamics are the ones which are at the top 1 and 2 respectively in terms of intrusiveness. However, I checked the answer to this question and it says - Iris Scan is the top rated in terms of user's acceptance.

There is no such analysis in Zypher's that tells about user's acceptance but I assume the more intrusive should be less acceptable, though I could be wrong.

Retina scans are most intrusive so should be least acceptable as per Zypher's.
  • Options
    Less than a month after the exam and I am already forgetting stuff icon_redface.gif