Options

Had Another Interview.......Things are looking Up

greg9891greg9891 Member Posts: 1,189 ■■■■■■■□□□
Hey guys I had a interview with a Tech Company yesterday and it was very interesting to say the least. I interview with the manager of the I.T. department and it was very unusual. He asked me some basic questions like what would you put in a tool kit if I had to do a job. He asked me about the pc repair situations and ask me how I would handle them. He asked about my certs and what all I planned on studying next. he asked where would I plan to be in the next 5 years. HE asked me about my current job which I work as a security officer and I work for my self In I.T. also.

HE also gave me a test and that was interesting. The test was based on shapes and patters and asked which patterns come next in a sequence and stuff like that. I was completely unprepared for it and it was very unusual. I expected some math, English or some computer questions, but besides form the test I felt that it went well it was weird but it went well.
:
Upcoming Certs: VCA-DCV 7.0, VCP-DCV 7.0, Oracle Database 1Z0-071, PMP, Server +, CCNP

Proverbs 6:6-11Go to the ant, you sluggard! Consider her ways and be wise, Which, having no captain, Overseer or ruler, Provides her supplies in the summer, And gathers her food in the harvest. How long will you slumber, O sluggard?
When will you rise from your sleep? A little sleep, a little slumber, A little folding of the hands to sleep, So shall your poverty come on you like a prowler And your need like an armed man.

Comments

• Options
    scaredoftestsscaredoftests Mod Posts: 2,780 Mod
    I despise those type of tests. Anyway, good luck
    Never let your fear decide your fate....
  • Options
    Thanks! That test seemed unnecessary though.
    :
    Upcoming Certs: VCA-DCV 7.0, VCP-DCV 7.0, Oracle Database 1Z0-071, PMP, Server +, CCNP

Proverbs 6:6-11Go to the ant, you sluggard! Consider her ways and be wise, Which, having no captain, Overseer or ruler, Provides her supplies in the summer, And gathers her food in the harvest. How long will you slumber, O sluggard?
    When will you rise from your sleep? A little sleep, a little slumber, A little folding of the hands to sleep, So shall your poverty come on you like a prowler And your need like an armed man.
  • Options
    TheProfTheProf Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 331 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Good luck, I hope all goes well!

I am just curious, and maybe its because I am from Canada, but I don't get those interview tests that are like IQ based questions. I understand the reason for it, but measuring a person's intelligence can't be done by a simple test. I personally, never experienced that and I've interviewed with some very large vendors having 6+ interviews.
  • Options
    Thanks! Yeah those IQ test doesn't give a full indication of someones ability to perform in the I.T. World. Hopefully won't have to take too much of them in the future.
    :

• Options
    Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Good luck keep us posted!! icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • Options
    Thanks Brother will do
    :

• Options
    TechGuru80TechGuru80 Member Posts: 1,539 ■■■■■■□□□□
    When you have things that don't seem "normal" it is because they want to see how you think.
  • Options
    I hear ya lol, you can never know what to expect on these interviews. They always throw something new at you but I guess that's what make interviews fun to go on.
    :