Options

omar1146omar1146 Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
I completed A+ in 6 weeks and network+ in about 5 weeks

I'm currently doing 70-685 and then i will do 680

My question is how long did it take you guys to pass 685 and what resources helped you the most?

Comments

• Options
    David.allisonDavid.allison Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Note that 70-685 is a lot hard then 70-680.. I say 40-60 hours study time.
  • Options
    BucklesBuckles Member Posts: 69 ■■□□□□□□□□
    omar1146 wrote: »
    I completed A+ in 6 weeks and network+ in about 5 weeks

I'm currently doing 70-685 and then i will do 680

My question is how long did it take you guys to pass 685 and what resources helped you the most?

That question delivers a subjective answer IMO. It depends on one factor:

*how effective your study is.*

There is no magic number for this.... For me- My study and understanding of some M$ Concepts was a around the wrong way... In addition- Knowledge isn't always enough....You will find that you need to learn how to Answer M$ Questions correctly which in turn means you understand what they're asking and that can be a little tricky...

I would say to you; Lab, Lab, Lab... set up a 2k8 R2 Server VM with some Win 7 Ult VM's...
    I found uCertify pretty good but I also went back over my 70-680 material from Prof Messer's videos and study notes because you will find some cross-pollination between those exams....
    A wise person told me to familiarise yourself with AD in 2K8 R2.. so- it might be worth reading up on and watching a few videos regarding how M$ like you to arrange AD Schema's. That helped me to no end.

Finally, practice exams... UCertify offer some along with the study program they have which is one of the reasons I liked them so much. They're also legit.

For me, I can't even remember how long I spent on the 685... it was a very hard exam for me because of the way the questions are asked (and English is my first language).
    If you comprehensively go through all that- you should be okay... Don't focus on how long it takes you to study all the content, focus on understanding it ;)
  • Options
    majestic_pecanmajestic_pecan Member Posts: 38 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I studied to take the 70-685 for about 4 months but I probably could have taken and passed it after 2 and half months. I just wanted to be sure I could pass it the first time. I used a lot of resources but the most helpful was the Microsoft "Self-Paced Training Kit" and the practice exam that came with it.
    The CBT Nuggets videos were mediocre in my opinion. I like most of their videos but you can just use Professor Messer instead and get the same information.
    If you have access to SkillPort/Skillsoft they have a great course and practice test on the 70-685.
    DEFINITELY go through and lab everything, even material you think you know. If you don't own a copy of Home Premium don't forget to lab that as well.
    If you can pass the 685 passing the 680 should be cake since there is a lot of overlap between them. I got a higher score on the 680 than the 685.
    2016 GOALS:
    Linux+
    Wireshark
    New job...