Exchange Administrator Interview

sjuelzsjuelz Member Posts: 8 ■■□□□□□□□□
On Friday of this I have an interview for an Exchange Administrator position. Just checking to see if you guys would have any insight into what common questions would be asked ? This would be my first interview for an exchange administrator position as my pass jobs have many been help desk and desktop support for around 5 yrs total. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Comments

• scaredoftestsscaredoftests Mod Posts: 2,780 Mod
    I would think they'd ask you how you administer Exchange.
    Never let your fear decide your fate....
  • MowMow Member Posts: 445 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Understand DNS. Understand some of the Exchange Powershell commands. Understand certificates. Understand SMTP at a high level.
  • 636-555-3226636-555-3226 Member Posts: 975 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Generically I'll answer that I do ask some technical questions of our candidates. I cover easy, medium, hard, and master-level questions/issues that have arisen in our actual environment. I always ask the candidate first if they mind answering some questions and I provide them with the caveat that 1) I understand a job interview isn't a conducive environment to thinking on their feet or recalling vague facts from memory, and 2) I don't expect them to be able to answer all of the questions and they should just do their best as how they handle a tough question can be just as important as the right answer.

So, if they throw you for a loop, don't sweat it too much, just do your best and if you don't know the answer tell them how you'd approach finding the answer in the real-world (and don't just say "I'd Google it")
  • sjuelzsjuelz Member Posts: 8 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thanks for the help, they did cover some of the responses that you guys posted.
  • MowMow Member Posts: 445 ■■■■□□□□□□
    How did you do?