Options

SSCP - sharing threat intelligence

CryptoPunkCryptoPunk Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi guys,

I'm looking through SSCP exam outline and under the section Risk identification, monitoring and analysis I found something like sharing threat intelligence. Could you please help what is meant by this ,,term"? I'm not sure what everything falls under this. If they mean that there is something like CVE (Common Vulnerabilities and Exposures) or i found STIX Structured Threat Information eXpression (something new to me) what is an XML programming language that allows cybersecurity threat data to be shared.

Thank you for your help.

Comments

• Options
    Michael-Michael- Member Posts: 36 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Here's a brief explanation:

"There are several core uses for STIX. First, it is used by threat analysts to review cyberthreats and threat-related activity. Threat analysts also use STIX to specify patterns that could indicate cyberthreats. Any sort of decision maker or operations personnel may use STIX data to help facilitate cyberthreat response activities, including prevention, detection and response. The final core use for STIX is the sharing of cyber threat information within an organization and with outside partners or communities that benefit from the information."