Options

How do you decline an accepted job?

mzgavcmzgavc Member Posts: 75 ■■□□□□□□□□
I have a job ofer that i've accepted. I have another job offer just put on my table today... which may be better in pay, but different then the first.

LAN Administrator - 41k a year.

Support Co-Ordinator - Unknown.

The LAN Admin job i've accepted already, but have not signed anything other then the confirmation letter i recieved earlier yesterday stating i accept the job. There were no signoffs on anything else.

Now i don't know what the other place is offering yet, but i do like the environment, and accessability from where i'd be staying short term.

Any ideas on how to decline if i do like the new job? Anyone else ever go through this?

Comments

• Options
    WpizziWpizzi Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I have been there.

This is what I did. I emailed the person I was in contact with. Told her the situtation. I explained that I am going to have to decline the offer for the job. I told her that I found another position that I feel is more fitted for my talents and knowledge. I then thanked her for the offer to work with them.
    William A Pizzi

Founding Member of RRORC
    www.rrorc.com
  • Options
    Any reprocussions?
  • Options
    D-boyD-boy Member Posts: 595 ■■□□□□□□□□
    LAN Administrator - 41k a year. icon_wink.gif
  • Options
    D-boy wrote:
    LAN Administrator - 41k a year. icon_wink.gif

Sayin i should take that... or not or you think thats low, or something seems fishy?

a Wink isn't helping me much :)
  • Options
    draineydrainey Member Posts: 261
    The rate depends on lot on your geographic location but it seems in line for a LAN admin.

However, pay is nice but liking what you do and where you do it is just as important.

Saying that, do you want to do the hands on stuff - LAN admin or do you want to be more managerial - Support coordinator? If you can put off starting the accepted job until you interview with the second, then it can't hurt to see what they're offering.

Good Luck!!! :D
    The irony truly is strange that you're the only one you can change. -- Anthony Gomes