70-410 Study Material Advice

abellamy1988abellamy1988 Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
Good Morning

I'm sure you've probably seen posts like this numerous times before but i am about to start studying for the MCSA Server 2012. I thought it would be best to start on the 70-410 and work my way through the exams.

I have had a quick look at the 70-410 sticky but was wondering what training material is best? I have been working on servers for around 4-5 years so mainly need content geared up for the exam? i have access to the CBT nuggets but looking for recommendations on books/practice tests as ideally i would like to sit this exam before mid-October?

look forward to your replies.

:)

Comments

• ed_003ed_003 Member Posts: 216
    For practice questions im using Measure-up.. its good and gives explanations and links to material
  • poolmanjimpoolmanjim Member Posts: 285 ■■■□□□□□□□
    what training material is best?

Answer: Whatever gets you a 700 or better on the exam. I say it that way because I have seen threads where people pass the exam with the Training Ref or the Exam Ref and others where they had to use the Master Server 2012 R2 book.

My recommendation is to get a good study book (Master Windows Server 2012 R2 or MCSA Server 2012 R2 Complete Study Guide are highly rated). Decent training videos can help especially being able to see some descriptions along with the interfaces. Practice Exams never hurt - Transcender is highly rated. Read the technets is another important thing. Microsoft almost exclusively pulls test content from Technets so they are a fantastic, albeit boring and tedious, resource. Lastly, and more importantly, Lab the material. The more you can practice physically the better chance you have of understanding it come exam time.

Good luck.
    2019 Goals: Security+
    2020 Goals: 70-744, Azure
    Completed: MCSA 2012 (01/2016), MCSE: Cloud Platform and Infrastructure (07/2017), MCSA 2017 (09/2017)
    Future Goals: CISSP, CCENT
  • Louie1277Louie1277 Member Posts: 505 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Trust me it doesn't matter how much you know about server everyone will have some kind of problem. Other user worked with servers and had a hard time passing the exam. Reading and more reading always plus lab work.

I too was looking for a practice test site. I used transcender before and didn't really like it. The questions didn't really match up to the test exam. This will be my 3rd time trying to pass this exam. I'm really hoping that this month will be my month to pass the exam.
    2018 Goals: 70-410 [X], 70-411 [],70-412 [] :bow: 410- Passed!!!!!!

My Goal for the Future
    2012 - *MCSA*(WHO KNOWS WHEN) KEEP FAILING!!!! Not enough time to pass the last 2 exams.
    2021 - *Security+*
    2022 - * Pen Tester*