Exam on 9/26 - Help Required

sesha437sesha437 Member Posts: 48 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hi All,

am preparing for the exam going to sit on Sept 26. Till now have completed AIO, Eric Conrad. Practice questions like CCCure and McGraw Hill. In CCCure have done 1100 with an average of 76%, is that good? In these questions with Pro level, questions looks very tricky and illogical sometimes. So am getting low score. Any thoughts on these pro level questions?

My Strong areas are Identity Access Management, Security Engineering, Communications security. Weak areas are Security Operations, BCP DRP, Security and risk management.

Please help me to increase score as well as understandings on weak areas. Exactly 4 weeks are there. So i can plan well i think to clear the exam.

Thanks,
Sesha.

Comments

• splash24splash24 Member Posts: 30 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Don't read too much into scores , Are you able to identify the topic and able to apply the concept ? If the question is a total alien you will have to go back to books and tighten those areas , if it's a judgement issue read CISSP passed threads to understand ISC2 frame of mind what they expect and last but not the least "Are you able to eliminate atlas 2 answers " If the answer os yes don't worry too much with scores , read the logic and understand the judgement.I failed Shon Harris final exam with 67% the night before CISSP exam but by that time i was not chasing scores , was trying to understand where i was going wrong.I implemented the methodology which i mentioned above and i was not too far behind.Dot use the practice exams to test yourself , you won't see a SINGLE question in the actual exam.What helps is the logic , concept and your judgement.
  • kshahinkshahin Member Posts: 22 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I think what you read already time to go over and over.
  • sesha437sesha437 Member Posts: 48 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Thanks Splash24 and kshahin for replies.

@Splash24, am able to eliminate 2 answers from 80-85% questions easily. While choosing correct one from those 2 becoming 50-50 chances.
    Few of these questions, am able to answer after eliminating the wrong ans only. But few questions in CCCure are very tricky. So am not able to ans those. Now i started looking at weak areas and studying those.

@kshahim, am just revisiting the chapters and looking at new syllabus. writing more and more exams.
  • OM602OM602 Member Posts: 56 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Maybe try Transcender questions as well, but mainly look up why the answer is right, and what is the logic behind it.
    Read up on the links posted in the answer section.
    The world chico, and everything in it
    Thanks OM602

But Transcender is too costly icon_sad.gif So am trying without Trascender with all other options.

One more question like, in Total Tester or CCCure few questions are very easy. Is there any chance like in exam also we may get easy questions? If so out of 250 are there 20 easy questions at least similar to Total tester or CCCure?
  • OM602OM602 Member Posts: 56 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I would say there were about 50 "easy" questions(what port number is yomma... etc)
    The world chico, and everything in it
  • cwelbercwelber Member Posts: 38 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I'm testing on the 25th and this is good to hear. I'm spending my 4 weeks reviewing info and combined notes. I'm also found googling topics on the test and getting in the knowledge in a slightly different way seems to help in my absorption too.
    Good..all the best!!!!
    Thanks OM602..
    that's good number :)
    Hello all,

Am practicing cccure questions, am getting questions like packet header set to 6 which packet is that? TCP
    ITU-E std WAN protocol ? X.25

Similarly lot of questions......do we get this kind of deep questions please let me know if anyone got these questions in exam.

For my preparation am using cissp aio Eric Conrad cybrary videos. But when I saw these type of question getting nervous.

Update: am using total tester as well. In total tester am getting consistently around 80% in all domains.