Options

Edited to Resume Critique

StevenK246StevenK246 Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello everyone!I’ve been revising my resume recently to increase the chances of getting my foot through the door and landing my first IT job.I was considering listing technologies I have practiced — in a VMware environment — under experience. I have no work experience, so that is the only thing I can think of putting down.Another thing I was considering adding is a Tools/Software section and listing tools I am familiar with. Such as; WSUS, MDT 2010, etc.Is this something that would help my resume, or hurt it? I don’t want to accidentally clutter it with information hiring managers usually don’t look at.Thanks a bunch!-StevenEDIT: I've been lurking for a while and taking some ideas from other resumes I've seen on here. Like the layout. A bit embarrassed about that, but I thought it looked good! Thanks again!

Comments

• Options
    srabieesrabiee Member Posts: 1,231 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Given that you have no professional IT experience and are trying to get your foot in the door, it may be beneficial to list the skills and proficiencies that you have obtained through labbing and self-study. Also, if you have a degree in IT or a related field, or have taken IT-related courses or training, I would definitely recommend highlighting those achievements.

Also, you may want to post your resume in PDF format for a proper critique. Depending on your past job experience, there may be other ways to tailor your resume to help you land your first IT job. (make sure and delete your PII before posting)
    WGU Progress: Master of Science - Information Technology Management (Start Date: February 1, 2015)
    Completed: LYT2, TFT2, JIT2, MCT2, LZT2, SJT2 (17 CU's)
    Required: FXT2, MAT2, MBT2, C391, C392 (13 CU's)

Bachelor of Science - Information Technology Network Design & Management (WGU - Completed August 2014)
  • Options
    StevenK246StevenK246 Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thank you for your reply!

I don't actually have ANY work experience, even non IT related, sadly. So I'm really pushing here, haha. I've attached my resume for viewing.