Options

I can't take it anymore with this ICND1

JasionoJasiono Member Posts: 896 ■■■■□□□□□□
being scheduled Thursday.

I just bumped it to tomorrow at 12.

It's like waiting for Christmas as a child, but I have the power to change the date. Heck, I have changed it to today if I could have.

My anxiety is just getting worse and I fear I will implode if I wait until Thursday.

I keep getting high 90s on the Boson exam, but I fear that I will fail, not sure why. I know my stuff.

Comments

• Options
    Fulcrum45Fulcrum45 Member Posts: 621 ■■■■■□□□□□
    I hate the pre-test jitters. It seems like I can't calm down until I'm on question #10 or so. You'll do fine, I'm sure. Re-read your notes till you yack-up and it should go smoothly :)
  • Options
    MagmadragoonMagmadragoon Member Posts: 172 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Good luck on the test
  • Options
    thomas_thomas_ Member Posts: 1,012 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I think I bumped my test date for over a year once, just wasn't a high priority. Finally, I buckled down and studied for it because I didn't want to lose the money I paid.
  • Options
    NansNans Member Posts: 160
    Jasiono wrote: »
    being scheduled Thursday.

I just bumped it to tomorrow at 12.

It's like waiting for Christmas as a child, but I have the power to change the date. Heck, I have changed it to today if I could have.

My anxiety is just getting worse and I fear I will implode if I wait until Thursday.

I keep getting high 90s on the Boson exam, but I fear that I will fail, not sure why. I know my stuff.

ALl teh best buddy. I am going through the same. We'll cross the line dont worry :D we will hooahhh :D
    2016 Certification Goals: CCNP Route /COLOR][B][/B][I][B]X[/B][/I][COLOR=#008000-->Switch/COLOR]:study:[COLOR=#ff8c00-->TShoot[], CCDP []
  • Options
    Mwuahaha

I gave myself enough time to go over all my notes and just sim around a bit while at work tomorrow. I'm taking a half day, and the testing center is 8 minutes from the office I will be working at as well.

I wanted to take the exam 3 years ago but never did due to subnetting. I sat down and practiced it again and actually used 3 resources on how to do it (Lammle and the Odom book and CBT nuggets) and I combined a little bit from all of them and came out with an amazing solution that works.
  • Options
    DeyColeDeyCole Member Posts: 29 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Good luck with the exam! You've put in a lot of work and I'm sure you'll pass without any problems.
  • Options
    I passed with 986/1000
    kind of annoyed with their simlet questions. The windows get too crowded at times and I lose so much time toggling between windows.
  • Options
    MowMow Member Posts: 445 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats! Nice score!
  • Options
    Congrats! ICND2 next?
  • Options
    MagmadragoonMagmadragoon Member Posts: 172 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congratulations
  • Options
    Thanks!
    next is ICND2, then CCNA Security then Project+ and I'll be done with my degree. Thank the Heavens lol
  • Options
    Jasiono wrote: »
    Thanks!
    next is ICND2, then CCNA Security then Project+ and I'll be done with my degree. Thank the Heavens lol

You're almost there...good luck! How do you like WGU's BS IT-Security degree program?

I'll be starting the same program 1 Oct. I'm hoping they'll let me choose my courses as I want to take CCENT first...been studying it for a few months now.
  • Options
    I love it.
    I'm glad that they took the programming courses out because I don't see how it would benefit me, that's just my opinion.

As far as your class order goes, your mentor should be open to your suggestions, as it's YOUR education and YOU are paying for it. He/She might be more strict about your classes in the beginning, but once you prove to them that you can handle it, they will open things before you are even done.

My mentor, previous one before he got a promotion to a course mentor, basically had me on autopilot to where he would have my requests forwarded right to his phone and approved everything in a matter of 5 minutes, no matter what day of the week.

So what I would do is mention to your mentor right off the bat what you had told me and I'm sure they will open it up for you. Push for it, as all mentors are different. Just mention that you have been studying for it recently and would like to get it knocked out and get the ball rolling with that momentum.

I think you will like it
  • Options
    Oh, and where in PA are you located?
  • Options
    techfiendtechfiend Member Posts: 1,481 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Watch out for the ICND2, it's much more difficult than CCENT, mainly theory with little memorizing. I got overconfident after scoring 96* on ICND1 to go on to fail ICND2 2 weeks later. Odom's book really helps, Lammle and Boson test not so much.
    2018 AWS Solutions Architect - Associate (Apr) 2017 VCAP6-DCV Deploy (Oct) 2016 Storage+ (Jan)
    2015 Start WGU (Feb) Net+ (Feb) Sec+ (Mar) Project+ (Apr) Other WGU (Jun) CCENT (Jul) CCNA (Aug) CCNA Security (Aug) MCP 2012 (Sep) MCSA 2012 (Oct) Linux+ (Nov) Capstone/BS (Nov) VCP6-DCV (Dec) ITILF (Dec)
  • Options
    NansNans Member Posts: 160
    techfiend wrote: »
    Watch out for the ICND2, it's much more difficult than CCENT, mainly theory with little memorizing. I got overconfident after scoring 96* on ICND1 to go on to fail ICND2 2 weeks later. Odom's book really helps, Lammle and Boson test not so much.

I never read OCG but i think lammle's book and boson helped me with that..
    2016 Certification Goals: CCNP Route /COLOR][B][/B][I][B]X[/B][/I][COLOR=#008000-->Switch/COLOR]:study:[COLOR=#ff8c00-->TShoot[], CCDP []
  • Options
    You're the 4th person that has said Boson is not good for ICND2 so I won't weigh it as heavy.
    Thanks for those suggestions.
  • Options
    Fulcrum45Fulcrum45 Member Posts: 621 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Nice score, Congrats!
  • Options
    MooseboostMooseboost Member Posts: 778 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats on that score man! I'll throw another vote in the save your money in regards to Boson for ICND2. It is a tough exam, no doubt - but nothing crazy. You did very well on INCD1 so I suspect you will do very well on the second part.
  • Options
    I wouldn't get Boson but it's being handed to me at no extra charge. WGU. I just won't rely on it as heavily as I did with the ICND1.
  • Options
    koz24koz24 Member Posts: 766 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats Jasiono, that's a terrific score!
  • Options
    RomBUSRomBUS Member Posts: 699 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Awesome score! Nailed it

It's not so bad once you get in the room and look at the first few questions. I felt much more confident once I actually began.
  • Options
    Chev ChelliosChev Chellios Member Posts: 343 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Nice one dude, very impressive score too!
  • Options
    loki2043loki2043 Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
    What exactly did you not like about Boson? I just purchased the CCNA pack from them for the labs and the practice tests. So far its seems great to me and the labs are fairly well laid out. From all the research I've done, most people seem to praise Boson as the toughest which for me is a must because I feel the need to be above everyone else...
  • Options
    techfiendtechfiend Member Posts: 1,481 ■■■■□□□□□□
    The Boson wasn't very comparable to the real test for ICND2. I'm not expecting it to be close to a **** but it should be hitting on the same topics which I didn't feel it did. I don't know if a better practice test exists.
    2018 AWS Solutions Architect - Associate (Apr) 2017 VCAP6-DCV Deploy (Oct) 2016 Storage+ (Jan)
    2015 Start WGU (Feb) Net+ (Feb) Sec+ (Mar) Project+ (Apr) Other WGU (Jun) CCENT (Jul) CCNA (Aug) CCNA Security (Aug) MCP 2012 (Sep) MCSA 2012 (Oct) Linux+ (Nov) Capstone/BS (Nov) VCP6-DCV (Dec) ITILF (Dec)
  • Options
    DeathmageDeathmage Banned Posts: 2,496
    Congrats bro!

I liked the Boson exams for ICDN1 and I kind of like them for ICDN2 but this time around instead of reading book over and over again once I finish reading the book and take a few practice exams I'm taking the exam. Nothing tells you how you are doing prep wise like the real deal, and it's only $150 per exam, at-least for me with my 1000+ a week take home it doesn't break the bank for me.

I guess were both on the track to ICDN2 icon_wink.gif

...See you on the other side icon_razz.gif