What to expect (Provisioning Tech)
I have been offered an opportunity to interview for a position. I have not seen this job title before, but judging from the responsibilities listed it does seem to be a step up from my current help desk role as it is a NOC department. I was hoping that someone who has seen similar positions or perhaps have worked in the role before could chime in. The position is for a "Firewall Provisioning Technician", listed below is the job description. I have looked into the company. They are a solid IT security company with less than 50 employees and no bad reviews. Job Title: Provisioning TechnicianDepartment: NOC OperationsReports To: NOC Operations ManagerThe Provisioning Technician procures and configures firewalls for order fulfillment, and coordinates installation of services. Interacts with customers and end users to provide assist with change requests, support questions, and to troubleshoot or upgrade services, via electronic and telephone communications.Key Responsibilities:
- Procure firewall and configure according to customer orders, and fulfill orders for products and services.
- Work with customers or customer agents to turn-up new services and ensure customer needs are fulfilled.
- Maintain proficiency for technical responsibilities, through self directed training and training programs.
- Receive customer calls and web portal requests for changes, questions, upgrades and problems, to assist in timely resolution of all calls while maintaining a high level of customer satisfaction.
- Confirm that appropriate changes were made to resolve customers' problems.
- Escalate unresolved customer grievances to designated person for further investigation.
- Keep detailed records of customer interactions and transactions, recording details of inquiries, complaints, and comments, as well as actions taken.
- Interact with customers via telephone, email or in person in order to provide information about products and services, and to obtain details of issues
- Contact customers to respond to inquiries or to notify them of claim investigation results and any planned adjustments.
- Improve overall customer relations through technical delivery and communications and other support skills.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 2-3 years experience with TCP/IP network technologies.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, or related field of study, or equivalent experience.
- Excellent verbal/written communication and presentation skills.
- Experience in the telecom industry a plus.
- Security vendor specific certifications and/or experience a plus