Options

Good practice exams and study material for 006 exam?

Toxic DoverToxic Dover Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hey everyone. I wanted to get a feel for what everybody was using for the new Net+ exam as far as study materials and practice exams go. I'm aiming to get my Net+ within the next month, and am currently reading the Net+ Exam Cram book by Emmett Dulaney, but would also like to supplement it with some sort of practice exams. I've been doing enterprise networking support for the past 7 months and have been off-and-on studying for my CCNA, but have come to the realization that I really don't enjoy networking, but still want to get at least a basic networking cert under my belt before I move onto something different. Any help is appreciated. Thanks guys!

Comments

• Options
    m00ndoggm00ndogg Member Posts: 25 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I passed Net+ (006) today!!

So happy!!

It was REALLY HARD!!
    I studied a lot, and from a lot of different sources too...
    Most of my sources were the older 005 content, but I don't think that really mattered much.
    It certainly didn't hurt me...

I had some videos from (005) CBT Nuggets & (006) Prof. Messer.
    I also had books (PDF) from both and LOTS of YouTube vids.
    Thanks to Eli the Computer Guy, Computerphile, Numberphile etc...
    I also purchased a good amount of Cisco equipment to "lab at home", beyond Packet Tracer (which was invaluable!).

Bottom line?
    You can't go wrong by studying too much!!

Oh yeah...

I was worried so I paid for CompTIA Certmaster practice exam for Net+ too.
    It taught me a lot and I'm glad I did it, but, also glad I had lots of other study sources.
    It took everything I studied to pass. there is no single magic study source, at least for me.

I studied all of the resources on this website too... Thanks to whoever provided that material.
    Would be nice to update it though... I would be happy to upload my stuff, but I don't understand the copyright rules...
    Smooth sailing!
    ~~~ _/) ~~~~

"...it's not my boat, it's my boss' boat..." (Capt. Ron)
  • Options
    liz4rdliz4rd Member Posts: 51 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I like Eli the Computer Guy. But most of his stuff goes on about severs and ethical hacking. Does he do a fair bit on networking too? Not heard of the other 2 but I'm interested.

Well done
  • Options
    fuz1onfuz1on Member Posts: 961 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Honestly, if you've been studying CCNA stuff for around 7 months - you'll have no problem passing Network+. Plus, you've got a couple CompTIA certs under your belt so you know the deal with their ambiguous question writing style and performance-based questions.
    timku.com(puter) | ProHacker.Co(nsultant) | ITaaS.Co(nstultant) | ThePenTester.net | @fuz1on
    Transmosis | http://transmosis.com | LinkedIn | https://linkedin.com/in/t1mku
    If evil be spoken of you and it be true, correct yourself, if it be a lie, laugh at it. - Epictetus
    The only real failure in life is not to be true to the best one knows. - Buddha
    If you are not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you are determined to learn, no one can stop you. - Unknown
  • Options
    NtengNteng Member Posts: 33 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats first of all !! glad you pass the exam :)

was it hard because you had studied from 005 book as oppose to 006 ?
  • Options
    NtengNteng Member Posts: 33 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats first of all !! glad you pass the exam :)

was it hard because you had studied from 005 book as oppose to 006 ?
  • Options
    liz4rdliz4rd Member Posts: 51 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I'm sitting my N+ in 3 weeks and I also have packet tracer. Whats a good thing to practice with packet tracer, specifically for the N10-006?