Options

Passed CCENT today

LeisureSuitLarryLeisureSuitLarry Member Posts: 78 ■■□□□□□□□□
After two months of procrastinating, I finally took the test. Really felt unsure going into it, but once I started the exam I felt pretty good about it.

Now I just need to decide if I want to go for CCNA Security or CEH. Don't think I'll bother with CCNA R&S as it doesn't interest me at all.

Comments

• Options
    TheFORCETheFORCE Member Posts: 2,297 ■■■■■■■■□□
  • Options
    koz24koz24 Member Posts: 766 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats Larry
  • Options
    Thanks much, glad to have it behind me.
  • Options
    JasionoJasiono Member Posts: 896 ■■■■□□□□□□
  • Options
    gncsmithgncsmith Member Posts: 459 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats! Let us know what you decide.
  • Options
    Friend of mine that's a CEH surprisingly recommended I go for CCNA Security first. So I'll probably take his advice, especially since Cisco is still fresh in my mind.
  • Options
    roninkaironinkai Member Posts: 307 ■■■■□□□□□□
    What were your study materials for CCENT? I went through CBT Nuggets, but when I get back to studying for this, I think I'm going to try INE or the GNS3 Academy materials.
    浪人 MSISA:WGU
    ICP-FDO ▪ CISSP ▪ ECES ▪ CHFI ▪ CNDA ▪ CEH ▪ MCSA/MCITP ▪ MCTS ▪ S+
    2020 Level Up Goals: (1) DevSecOps Learning Path (2) OSCP
  • Options
    dragonsden wrote: »
    What were your study materials for CCENT? I went through CBT Nuggets, but when I get back to studying for this, I think I'm going to try INE or the GNS3 Academy materials.

CBTNuggets videos with Jeremy, Wendell Odom Book, and Boson Practice Exams. The Boson Exams I think helped more than anything.
  • Options
    volfkhatvolfkhat Member Posts: 1,054 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Choose wisely.

the current CCNA-Sec expires in less than 3 months...
  • Options
    thewiz8807thewiz8807 Member Posts: 96 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Nice - passed my CCENT today as well, focusing on CCNA: R&S come Tuesday.
    Goals: Network+ (Done) -> CCNA: R&S (Done) -> CCNA: Security (Done) -> Security+ (Done) -> ITIL v3 Foundation (Done) -> CASP (Done) -> CCNP: R/S (In Progress) -> CCNP: Collaboration -> CCSK -> CCSP -> CISSP
  • Options
    SofGSofG Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi guys,
    I'm glad to find this tech forum, so many expert here and willing to share their expertise.
    That's why I need your advise ?

my background is BS in civil engineer from overseas, and moving here in 2013.
    Work any part time job till I decided to take training courses A+, Net+ and CCNA at University (March - Jul 2015),
    and I've passed my CCENT(920 score) on August 25, 2015.

I tried to apply a job at job recuiter but they told me that I need some experience.

Can I get a job with CCENT (no experience)?
    What kind of job ?
    What is the best path for my next cert?

thx
  • Options
    greg9891greg9891 Member Posts: 1,189 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Congrats
    :
    Upcoming Certs: VCA-DCV 7.0, VCP-DCV 7.0, Oracle Database 1Z0-071, PMP, Server +, CCNP

Proverbs 6:6-11Go to the ant, you sluggard! Consider her ways and be wise, Which, having no captain, Overseer or ruler, Provides her supplies in the summer, And gathers her food in the harvest. How long will you slumber, O sluggard?
    When will you rise from your sleep? A little sleep, a little slumber, A little folding of the hands to sleep, So shall your poverty come on you like a prowler And your need like an armed man.
  • Options
    DAVIS NGUYENDAVIS NGUYEN Member Posts: 1,472 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • Options
    Thanks everyone.
    volfkhat wrote: »
    Choose wisely.

the current CCNA-Sec expires in less than 3 months...

Thanks for bringing this up. It seems the study materials for the new exam aren't available yet, so that makes it an awkward situation. Perhaps I'll do CCNA Wireless instead until the new CCNA Security has been out for a while. Wireless interests me as well.
  • Options
    YanioYanio Member Posts: 37 ■■□□□□□□□□
    This is exactly the situation I've found myself in (except for the part about passing CCENT...but soon!). I'm leaning more towards Wireless now too.
    "That's what" -She
  • Options
    Yanio wrote: »
    I'm leaning more towards Wireless now too.

I just ordered the Cisco press CCNA Wireless book. I'll see how that goes and then reevaluate next year for CCNA Security.
  • Options
    DollarhydeDollarhyde Member Posts: 111
    Congrats!
    ___________________________________________________________________________________________________________