Options

Techexam exam's score VS Real score

SieSie Member Posts: 1,195
Posted this in off-topic aswell on accedent but..

Can anyone help, possibly the mods.

To pass the exams IE: MSCA etc you need a certain score eg: 700 (example before im picked up on it) but the test exams are based on percentage values.

How do these two compare?

What 'percentage' is roughly equal to the required pass for:
Windows 2003 Server &
Windows XP
??

I know the practice/example tests are just that and not to be construed as the real thing but it gives you some idea.

Cheers in advance for your help.
Foolproof systems don't take into account the ingenuity of fools

Comments

• Options
    sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    To the best of my understanding there is no exact equivelant. The reason being that the questions are "weighted" differently. A complex scenario question may be worth 20 points while a simple multiple choice question may only be worth 5 points (my numbers are just examples). It is possible to only answer about 60% of the questions correctly and score either high (if you answered all the difficult ones correct) or low (if you missed the tough ones).

Someone please correct or clarify if I'm wrong, but I seem to remember thats the way the MS exams work. Cisco too if I'm not mistaken.
    All things are possible, only believe.
  • Options
    WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    As for Cisco and Microsoft exams, I'm pretty sure all questions (except sims) are weighted equally. However, not all questions are scored, i.o.w. they throw some beta questions in the mix.

There is no comparisson between our practice exams percentages and the actual test scores. As with all practice questions, we recommend to make sure you score at least 85% or higher, preferably 100%. That will incidicate you have a good understanding of the topics covered in our questions. But it does not mean you 'will' get the same score on the actual test.

To put it differently: practice exams are meant to point out your weaknesses, not your eventual score on the actual exam. Regardless, if you score good on good practice exams you will usually get a good score on the actual exam as well. icon_wink.gif
  • Options
    SieSie Member Posts: 1,195
    Thanks for your help guys. :D
    Foolproof systems don't take into account the ingenuity of fools