Options

New position

cbolarcbolar Member Posts: 34 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hello everyone, a few weeks back I made a post about finding a good mentor. Luckily I think I found something that will lead to that.I've been asked to apply for a position that deals with patch management. I think it would be a great fit considering I already do this sort of service for Apple products using Casper suite. The thing that come to mind with this position is the salary and perks. I know the benefits and bonus are great. But I'm also interested in training and growth. How did you negotiate training or certification into your deal. Also what do you think it's a respectable salary for the Seattle area based on the info provided below. I'm really looking forward to your input, this might be the break I desire to get of help desk as a contractor. Granted a help desk position has opened as well but I'd much rather do server work beyond exchange account set ups or distribution lists. That being said what do you think?!

Responsibilities/Qualifications:
RESPONSIBILITIES AND AUTHORITY

Under the direction of the Director, Network and Systems, the Systems Technician has the responsibility to:

Essential Functions:
• Perform all responsibilities in accordance with **** Competencies and Information Protection requirements.
• Coordinate and implement the deployment of all server and desktop patches, critical updates and service packs on a timely basis and according to policy.
• Maintain ongoing communications with support teams and stakeholders regarding server patching issue resolution and general server management support.
• Maintain standard maintenance schedules for servers and workstations to include remediation of required missing patches.
• Maintain ongoing communications with support teams regarding desktop patching issue resolution.
• Partner with enabling teams for Quality Assurance and Performance testing of server and desktop patches and service packs to insure operational readiness before promoting changes to Production.
• Manage patching application software to include the installation of application, upgrades, patches, releases and enhancements on development, test, disaster recovery and production systems.
• Ensure patching processes are efficient through process streamline and automation.
• Provide patching metrics and KPI after each patching cycle.
• Provide technical assistance to support IT and **** groups as needed.
• Provide technical support to span all environments (development, test, disaster recovery and production).
• Monitor server hardware and windows operating system problems.
• Provide first level technical support and resolution.
• Adhere to **** IT’s Change Management processes.
• Create and maintain documentation (procedures, system diagrams, checklists, etc.) to ensure systems are reliable and processes are completed accurately and timely.
• Provide training for back-up personnel.

Other Job Functions:
• Perform additional duties as assigned.

SKILL REQUIREMENTS

• Solid knowledge of operating systems (Microsoft, Unix, Linux).
• Strong analytical, problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
• Strong verbal and written skills to effectively communicate in the English language.
• Maintain system, hardware and software knowledge and be aware of developments in the technical and financial services industry.

PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS

• Full time hours required, with occasional travel and the ability to adapt to flexible work hours to accomplish objective, goals and projects.
o Weekend, nights and holiday work may be required.
o Required to be on-call and be reachable by phone to provide 24x7 coverage.
• Mobility and flexible movement including bending and lifting up to 50 pounds.

EDUCATIONAL/EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS

• A.A. degree in computer science or equivalent work or educational experience.
• Minimum 3 years of experience in the IT field.
• Minimum 1 year of experience in server and desktop support, operations, installation and configuration.