Options

VCP5 right into VCIX

DeathmageDeathmage Banned Posts: 2,496
So I remember at the NJ/NY VMUG User Group about some of the guys going from VCP4 right into VCAP5, would it be doable and smarter to go from VCP5 right to VCIX?

I understand, VCIX hasn't been announced (been waiting to see if VMworld made an announcement), but VCP6-DCV seems parallel to my current VCP5-DCV so I was thinking of going for a bit of a challenge and go straight for the VCIX. I know in ESXi 6 it's now two exams.

Just been giving it a ton of thought lately since I always wanted VCAP5-DCV but ESXi 6 has been out now about a year and it's mature now, kind of. So my thinking is that VCAP5-DCV won't be as relevant so much so for much longer. But I could be wrong.

Just pondering cause I'm nearing the tail end of my CCNA:R&S study slated for October 24th and Storage + is this weekend (they had an opening and emailed me this morning, so I'm taking it sooner!) so I'm tossed.

I want to get the MCSA in 2012 R2 now, and I figure that will take me about 6 months; 2 months per exam or perhaps a few months longer. I know some of you would be well you just got your VCP 5.5 in Jan it's still good for 3 years but see I want to push deeper into understand things and do more complex system administration roles.

My goals for 2016 are MCSA and the VCAP/VCIX level of VMware, just deciding right now which one to do 1st.

Thoughts?

Comments