Options

CNSS/CCNA Overseas Jobs

izzy1316izzy1316 Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello,

I just recently transitioned out of the military and I have a cert in Information Assurance CCNA. I would like to know what overseas contracting opportunities I have with this cert? The places I have researched are getting me nowhere. I would greatly appreciate a step in the right direction.

Comments

• Options
    wtrwlkrwtrwlkr Member Posts: 138 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Forgive me if I'm reading this incorrectly, but are you saying you have an Information Assurance cert AND a CCNA? Because "Information Assurance CCNA" doesn't exist, unless you're referring to CCNA: Security.
  • Options
    I have Information Assurance NSTISSI 4011, which is equivalent to CCNA: Security. Please feel free correct me if I'm wrong I've been all over the place trying to figure out where this cert fits in and what job I can get.
  • Options
    wtrwlkrwtrwlkr Member Posts: 138 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Are you referring to the DOD 8570 standard when you say the certifications are equivalent?
  • Options
    Google (CNSS 4011 Recognition) and it will explain it in the Cisco site. And the DoD 8570 it's Baseline Cert. Does this sound correct? Sorry I have to wait for the link to be approved.
  • Options
    joelsfoodjoelsfood Member Posts: 1,027 ■■■■■■□□□□
    CNSS 4011 Recognition - IT Certifications and Career Paths - Cisco Systems

CCNA Security and NSTISSI 4011 both meet CNSS 4011 requirements. That doesn't necessarily mean that the two are equivalent though.
  • Options
    Hey guys I really appreciate your help on having me understand. I was misreading the way it was written. So with my CNSS 4011 cert, will I be able to get any tech jobs with that cert?
  • Options
    aftereffectoraftereffector Member Posts: 525 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I haven't seen any jobs that require or even reference CNSS 4011, or CCNA Security for that matter. I have seen a lot of DoD contracting jobs require Security+, CASP, CEH, CISSP, CISM, CISA, and so on... which is not to say that you can't get a tech job with that cert, but from my perspective and my own experience as a transitioning military job seeker, I have found the most ROI from CISSP, CASP, and Security+.
    CCIE Security - this one might take a while...
  • Options
    TranceSoulBrotherTranceSoulBrother Member Posts: 215
    If you want to work overseas, you have to define your requirement.
    Do you want to become an expatriate and work somewhere outside the US for a foreign company?
    Or (as I think) you want to become a contractor, working for US bases overseas? Look for companies that have current contracts such as Vectrus and apply to them. With a CCNA and your Army experience, you might be in consideration.