Options

New to Juniper world

mj8mj4mj8mj4 Member Posts: 56 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hello everyone

I am about to start studying Junper soon ,,,,my question is that I wanna buy a used router ...what model that going to help me with studying ? and does anyone have some NOTES that might help with the Exam ???

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    AhriakinAhriakin Member Posts: 1,799 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Unless things have majorly changed an SRX100 is often recommended as a lab unit even for the Route/switch side. Might be better options these days though. Also check out the vSRX and running it with GNS3 and the like.

For notes make sure you use the Juniper Fast-Track materials (and discounts) as much as possible. They can get you through the first 2 levels for free... Otherwise the official courseware is a good bet, though expensive, in my experience they do cover the tested material in detail. After that you're looking at the O'Reilly books for whatever domain you plan to do.
    We responded to the Year 2000 issue with "Y2K" solutions...isn't this the kind of thinking that got us into trouble in the first place?
  • Options
    /pub/beer//pub/beer/ Member Posts: 67 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I've seen the SRX100 mentioned for study purposes. I was wondering if getting something like an EX2200 switch would be as helpful. While it's overkill, I could use a EX2200-C in my home network. I've been poking around with setting up olive, but I figure it's just easier if I get a piece of hardware.

Eagerly going to start studying for my JNCIA as I'm looking to transition from my sys admin role more towards networking.
    Certification Goal:
    - ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Options
    TrashmanTrashman Member Posts: 140
    An SRX100 should be enough. I bought one SRX220H quite cheap on EBay before starting my study for the JNCIA and it helped me a lot. I mainly bought it so I could use it in my rack after taking the exam and it has been working very good without any issues so far.
    Bachelor of Science in Information Systems
    2015 COLOR=#008000]X[/COLOR | 2016 COLOR=#ff8c00]In progress[/COLOR | 2017 | 2018
  • Options
    mj8mj4mj8mj4 Member Posts: 56 ■■□□□□□□□□