Options

Another Resume Critique

TheEmperorTheEmperor Member Posts: 17 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi everyone -

Here's another resume needing critique. Please look at everything (format, wordings, etc...) and let me know what do you think. Thank you in advance for all of your comments.

Regards,

LM

Comments

• Options
    danny069danny069 Member Posts: 1,025 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I definitely like the format, it is neat and clean and I like the bullet points. I would not list your certs on top after your name because it becomes redundant since you have them listed below. Next, you don't need an objective, because the positions you are applying for, are your objectives. In your technical skills summary, anyone can say they are 'highly motivated', 'driven', 'exceptional', the key is why you are exceptional, list proof such as did you get projects done ahead of schedule, improve performance by such and such percent, drove costs down by "enter dollar amount or percentage here", etc. You should also apply this under each job position, and I would not use words such as developed twice, nor the same adjective twice in general on a resume. Other than that I like the format scheme.
    I am a Jack of all trades, Master of None
  • Options
    Thank you Danny - I will revise my resume base on your recommendations.

Have a great day!
  • Options
    cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    I would give this resume a 6 out of 10 and here's why.

Objective's are so 1999. You want a job and the hiring manager knows it, so this serves zero purpose. There are some things that irk me such as "MAC" in all caps, "Crystal Report" without the S, InfraGard improperly capitalized, etc. You need to polish this thing up big time. If you come across someone like me you will get dinged for all these mistakes.

As danny069 mentioned, the work experience needs to shine and show how your contributions brought value. For example, you claim improving efficient and productivity but do not show anything tangible. Demonstrate this in a way that it shows time savings or similar. Remember that it's all about showing how you are different that all the other techs applying for the same role.

I would also redo the technical skills summary, and turn it into a Professional Summary or similar. This will help sell you better than a plain vanilla laundry list of stuff. Good article touching is this: Writing an Interview-Winning Professional Profile Section (aka Executive Summary or Career Summary) for Your IT Resume - Quantum Tech Resumes
  • Options
    Thank you cyberguypr, I will make the changes appropriately.

Regards,

LM