Hey guys
I just started studying for the CCNP Switch exam
Will do Switch > Route > TShoot in this order to get my CCNP

At the moment I have as resources
CBT Nugget videos
CCNP Official Routing and Switching Cert Guide book
GNS3
Packet Tracer
Couple of 2960 switches at work and have to find a spare layer 3 switch at work if they have one

Now

After watching a couple of videos some things he explains too fast and I need to refer to the book to read about what he said so I can understand it properly and I take notes accordingly

What do you guys do? How do you find the best way to study? Similar to what I am doing ?

When I did my CCNA Routing and Switching, I actually went to a class once a week through cisco networking acadmey and had an instructor to ask questions and to explain things
Also had a full rack of routers and switches, it was really good.
Wish that Tafe still did it but I dont think they do any more icon_sad.gif so I am limited to my own resources

Comments

• Options
    richypcrichypc Member Posts: 15 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I just passed the CCNP route exam this weekend, after failing it 3 weeks ago.

I am going route > switch > tshoot.

My strat since CCNA security is this:
    • book
    • CBT nuggets videos (most of them at least) and some youtube videos
    • Official CCNP 300 series lab books (these are really good and cover more than you need) + home network rack lab I slowly put together when working for my CCNA Security
    • packet tracer when it allows and when at a local café/library to brush up on commands
    • finally, exam ****, more lab time on my rack on specific labs
    The official lab book for route contained about 20 labs, although on the exam only 5 of those labs are covered.

The switch lab book contains about 15 labs. I assume only 4-5 of those labs will be covered in the exam.
    For the switch exam the required gear is 2x 2960 and 2x 3560. I remember reading elsewhere you need 2 x 3750 to cover StackWise, but not sure if that info is accurate.