Options

Renew CCENT

ssnyderu2ssnyderu2 Member Posts: 475 ■■■□□□□□□□
If I take and pass CCENT (ICND 100-101), I know you can renew it and get your CCNA by taking ICND 200-101. But what if you wait 2 to 2 1/2 years and the ICND 2 exam has been refreshed and is call 200-102 or something. Will that still renew the CCENT and upgrade me to full CCNA?
2019 Goals: 70-698, CCENT, MCSA 2016
Certifications: A+, Network+, Security+, CIW Foundations and MTA OS Fundamentals
Cisco Lab :3x Cisco 2811 Routers, 3x Cisco 3750 Switches and Cisco 2620 Router with NM-32A module
Windows Lab: Dual CPU Hyper-V server with 12 Cores/24 Threads, 96GB RAM and 2TB HDD.
CANCER SURVIVOR! In Remission Since September 2016!

Comments

• Options
    DeathmageDeathmage Banned Posts: 2,496
    If you wait too long you forget the ICDN1 knowledge.
  • Options
    volfkhatvolfkhat Member Posts: 1,053 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Only Cisco can answer that scenario; No one here can answer definitively.

With that being said:
    Based on their last Refresh (from 2013), the upgrade path was backwards-compatible:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cJPmIuII98Q#t=96s

So... i think you're good :]
  • Options
    ssnyderu2ssnyderu2 Member Posts: 475 ■■■□□□□□□□
    That tells me what I need to know. Based on what Cisco has done in the past I would be fine, but they can change it up and go a whole other path.

My plan is to get the CCENT, then the MCSA 2012. I need that information for my current job to move up. After that I will get the CCNA. I dont plan on taking more than a year to circle back to the CCNA.
    2019 Goals: 70-698, CCENT, MCSA 2016
    Certifications: A+, Network+, Security+, CIW Foundations and MTA OS Fundamentals
    Cisco Lab :3x Cisco 2811 Routers, 3x Cisco 3750 Switches and Cisco 2620 Router with NM-32A module
    Windows Lab: Dual CPU Hyper-V server with 12 Cores/24 Threads, 96GB RAM and 2TB HDD.
    CANCER SURVIVOR! In Remission Since September 2016!
  • Options
    volfkhatvolfkhat Member Posts: 1,053 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Hmmm,

I'm a little confused:
    Is your job making you get the Microsoft? or is it the Cisco?
    Are they providing you with the course material? (or perhaps sending you to a class?)

I'm going to give you some (possibly bad) advice:
    What do YOU want to DO?

That's what matters most.

If you want to be a M$ sysadmin, then go for the MCSA.
    If you want to be a network engineer, then go for the Cisco.

You can always find a new job doing stuff that interests you :)