Options

Good training video source for CCENT?

Shoe BoxShoe Box Banned Posts: 118
I'll be taking my VMware VCA6-DCV this week, then I will be starting my CCENT. I looked on the Cisco learning center store, and this appears to be the training video for CCENT:

https://learningnetworkstore.cisco.com/ccent/cisco-e-learning-for-icnd1-v2-0-180-day-subscription-elt-icnd1-v2-0-015601

No F@CKING way am I paying $500 for it!!! I had gotten the CCT R&S training video from Cisco for $299, and I raised holy hell with them when I took the test and found numerous cases of the "training video" covering half or nothing at all of various questions I got on the test, and quite a few other things worth getting mad over.

I have had training videos on Udemy from Lazaro Diaz and found them to be good, but I am looking for something as close to the questions that will be asked on the test as possible. Any suggestions?

Comments

• Options
    bender_fender100bender_fender100 Member Posts: 89 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Have you looked at CBT Nuggets before? You could get a 7 day free trial with them and watch their ICND1 videos. People have also said good things about Chris Bryant's courses, which I believe Udemy was selling a lot of their courses recently for 50% off or something like that. Those are the ones that come to my mind at least. Kevin Wallace also sounds good and I've seen a little bit of what he does, but the courses on the site cost around $239. I think all of those would be helpful for you.
    Working on CCENT and nearly almost there. Retake in December and pass, then after that, study for ICND2 and work on CCNA Security and look into Microsoft certifications. No previous IT certs.

“Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.” - Winston Churchill
  • Options
    Shoe BoxShoe Box Banned Posts: 118
    I've had a couple 7 day free trials on CBT Nuggets. They seem to go off on tangents a lot, and I am sitting there thinking "GET TO THE POINT!!!" .

I watch their videos on 1.3x speed just to hurry them up a bit. There's useful information in their videos, but I don't have good tolerance for the excess talking and storytelling.
  • Options
    volfkhatvolfkhat Member Posts: 1,050 ■■■■■■■■□□
    For an alternative route,
    i'd vouch for Danscourses on youtube:

All you need is Cisco's packet tracer (google for the free 'Student' version).

Took me about 9 weeks from start to pass.
  • Options
    roninkaironinkai Member Posts: 307 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I went through the CBT Nuggets course for CCENT. It was good, but yea lots of tangents and fluff. I like short and sweet. When I get back to studying for CCENT again, it will be either INE courses or GNS3 Academy. Both of which were very inexpensive. I like that INE is mobile ready to so I can stream in the car.
    浪人 MSISA:WGU
    ICP-FDO ▪ CISSP ▪ ECES ▪ CHFI ▪ CNDA ▪ CEH ▪ MCSA/MCITP ▪ MCTS ▪ S+
    2020 Level Up Goals: (1) DevSecOps Learning Path (2) OSCP
  • Options
    bender_fender100bender_fender100 Member Posts: 89 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Shoe Box wrote: »
    I've had a couple 7 day free trials on CBT Nuggets. They seem to go off on tangents a lot, and I am sitting there thinking "GET TO THE POINT!!!" .

I watch their videos on 1.3x speed just to hurry them up a bit. There's useful information in their videos, but I don't have good tolerance for the excess talking and storytelling.
    That's understandable. I did the videos at 1.3-1.6x speed a lot too because some of them could get really lengthy about relatively simple concepts. I did them before I even got into the book or labbing and they gave me motivation to keep going I guess.

I've never heard of the INE courses, but I'm always looking for different explanations on the more difficult CCENT/CCNA topics so I will now keep those in mind.
    Working on CCENT and nearly almost there. Retake in December and pass, then after that, study for ICND2 and work on CCNA Security and look into Microsoft certifications. No previous IT certs.

“Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.” - Winston Churchill
  • Options
    james43026james43026 Member Posts: 303 ■■□□□□□□□□
    You will be hard pressed to find a single video source that will cover everything you need. But INE has some really good videos. They are rather expensive if you buy them, but they cover a large amount of material.
  • Options
    SimridSimrid Member Posts: 327
    As per the post above. INE are great, so is Chris Bryant (especially as he does offers of $12 for the whole CCNA course). He is informative and knowledgeable.
    Network Engineer | London, UK | Currently working on: CCIE Routing & Switching

sriddle.co.uk
    uk.linkedin.com/in/simonriddle