Options

Looking for AD expert for side work

shodownshodown Member Posts: 2,271
Good morning everyone.

I have an emergency need for a Windows expert who knows how to migrate from 2003/8 environment to a 2012 environment. We won't need you to be able to do all the work, but provide the high level consulting services and documentation required for lower level admins to carry out to work. This work can be done at night time, but we also need a few of your days to be available for 1st day live and escalations here and there. We also need an assessment of the current state of the environment. This work can be done 100 percent remote and on the side. Open to US residents only. Please send me a PM if interested. No certs required, but proven job experience and the interview will be conducted remotely over skype/webex.
Currently Reading

CUCM SRND 9x/10, UCCX SRND 10x, QOS SRND, SIP Trunking Guide, anything contact center related

Comments

• Options
    joelsfoodjoelsfood Member Posts: 1,027 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Shodown, you might be overthinking it. I've moved many clients from 2003/08 to 2012, and honestly, it tends to be a pretty smooth process. If you guys have AD people on staff already and a dcdiag now in 03/08 looks clean, you'll likely be fine. Of course, if your dcdiag isn't clean, then that needs to be fixed regardless and prior to any upgrade.
  • Options
    shodownshodown Member Posts: 2,271
    We have a small disaster on our hands, we need expert help for a short amount of time. We may have to start over which is why I want to bring in a skilled guy/girl to assess and offer up some solutions that make since to the business on how to proceeded. They have realized they neglected IT long enough and now we get a shot to do it right. I don't need them here for day to day ops, but to tell us whats wrong, point us in the right direction, and start the charge.
    Currently Reading

CUCM SRND 9x/10, UCCX SRND 10x, QOS SRND, SIP Trunking Guide, anything contact center related
  • Options
    JBrownJBrown Member Posts: 308
    To start IT right, you will need to sit (webex) down with the AD consultant and let them know what you looking to have and what do you think you have. In turn, he will gather info, and tell you what really is out there, and what could be done, and what is achievable.
    Once you have outlined, Co. and AD consultant is on the same page, only then you can go ahead and make the changes.
    A decent AD consultant wont just jump in, and start shaking things around on someones whim.
    Depending on the size of the company, it may take 1-3 days to collect all the info. There might be some servers that have not been touched at least in 1 or 2 years, and not many people remember what they do :)
    another few days will take the AD consultant himself to put some action plan together.

Just .01c

How large of an environment is it, and what you looking to fix ?
    shodown wrote: »
    We have a small disaster on our hands, we need expert help for a short amount of time. We may have to start over which is why I want to bring in a skilled guy/girl to assess and offer up some solutions that make since to the business on how to proceeded. They have realized they neglected IT long enough and now we get a shot to do it right. I don't need them here for day to day ops, but to tell us whats wrong, point us in the right direction, and start the charge.