Options

CHFI exam

maronvomramaronvomra Member Posts: 40 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hi all,

I was thinking about focusing my career on the forensic side so was looking on certs to start for.

first target is CHFI, so do you think the books CHFI by brooks and The official CHFI Exam 312-49 by Dave should be enough to learn and pass the cert.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Options
    7255carl7255carl Member Posts: 1,544 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Hi maronvomra

I too have been doing some research into this, and I seem to be getting the universal response that before looking into CHFI its a good idea to hold the CEH cert

Carl
    W.I.P CCNA Cyber Ops
  • Options
    Hey Carl,

Thanks for your reply. Took a look at CEH but it doesn't seem any different than the SANS I did, basically same contents.

But still will do some more research and lets see but most likely will go directly fro CHFI.

Thanks.
  • Options
    Mike7Mike7 Member Posts: 1,107 ■■■■□□□□□□
    You may want to check out Best Computer Forensics Certifications For 2015 - Certs - Tom's IT Pro
    Not very familiar with forensics, but seems that CCE is quite well recognized.
  • Options
    Thanks Mike. Had a look at that link before.

You are right that CCE is most lucrative and with practical part along with it which makes it even more awesome. But I don't have budget to do it this year so wanted to do something from my own pocket and also to get more familiar with forensics in general.

Then will jump onto CCE and SANS one. That's the plan so far :)