Put me on the first time failure list as well :(

TeKniquesTeKniques Member Posts: 1,262 ■■■■□□□□□□
What a bummer! I thought I was prepared for the exam and missed it with a 609. What really sucks is that on my test report I scored 100% in RRAS and Network Infrastructure.

My weak areas were Network Security (less than half) and DNS (Slightly past half). On the IP Addressing the bar was about 75% there.

My first 13 questions were DNS questions and I felt pretty confident on them, but I guess not! I had 3 sims, 2 were DNS and another was SUS. I would really like to talk to someone about one of the DNS Sims I got because I was pretty confused as what to do to solve the problem, it was a situation I have not seen before. However, I do not want to violate the NDA. Is there a way to do this? Obviously I could rephrase the question, but that would be basically the same thing just with different names or what have you.

Well, I am going to try again next week I think. Thank god for the 2nd shot, but I thought I was going to pass when I pushed the finish button. Anyways, I know where I need to work up on. I am going to go through the Transcender a few more times and read the MS Press chapters on DNS and Network Security again.

On a side note, I thought the test was not as bad as it is made out to be, I thought it was very fair except for the 1 sim which I did not know how to do icon_lol.gif
I also had quite a few IPSec questions for anyone preparing, don't overlook this part of the exam, from my test report it was obvious that I was 50/50 on the IPSec stuff.

Best of luck, I'll report back after I take it again next week. icon_cool.gif

Comments

• Silver BulletSilver Bullet Member Posts: 676 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Wow man.....not wasting anytime!

609 isn't a bad score from what I heard of this exam. Just really getting going on this one myself so I don't really have any advice for ya.....but good luck.
  • eurotrasheurotrash Member Posts: 817
    tough luck man, i'm sure you'll nail it next time! icon_cool.gif

about the question, couldn't you just make a similar scenario?
    witty comment
  • WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    Sorry to hear that, and much luck next week!

Although posting an exam question is not allowed, discussing the technology, concepts, and features you encounter in your exam certainly is. Simplifying and rephrasing the question is usually enough, just try to put yourself in the simplified scenario, or take it from a different angle. (i.e. 'how can I do this or that', or 'I have this problem, what should I do?'). As long as you don't disclose exact text, scenarios, or sim tasks, you'll be fine. Feel free to PM me when in doubt.
  • jkstechjkstech Member Posts: 330
    keep at it
    get back to studying!!!
  • TeKniquesTeKniques Member Posts: 1,262 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Thanks guys, I will conquer this thing. :D
    Webmaster wrote:
    Sorry to hear that, and much luck next week!

Although posting an exam question is not allowed, discussing the technology, concepts, and features you encounter in your exam certainly is. Simplifying and rephrasing the question is usually enough, just try to put yourself in the simplified scenario, or take it from a different angle. (i.e. 'how can I do this or that', or 'I have this problem, what should I do?'). As long as you don't disclose exact text, scenarios, or sim tasks, you'll be fine. Feel free to PM me when in doubt.

Thanks for the clarification on this Johan. I think I will just PM you what I want to say and you can just let me know if it's acceptable for the forum.

Thank you!
  • tDoBtDoB Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I too failed, with a 680 icon_sad.gif

Accoridng to the report given I was pretty good in everything but Routing and Remote Access...

I had a sim on DNS (creating conditional forwarding, reverse lookup zone). I also had one on DHCP (creating a scope w/ some options), as well as create a security template which all seemed easy, but according to my score couldnt have been. icon_sad.gif
    I decided to put my retake off for another few weeks. I just don't feel comfortable enough yet to take it. Even though I'm hitting 85-90% on the Transcender, but I'm still not absorbing all the DNS concepts.

Eventually I will pass this thing :D
  • eurotrasheurotrash Member Posts: 817
    solved the problem then?
    witty comment
  • jescabjescab Inactive Imported Users Posts: 1,321
    GOOD LUCK next sit.......you can do it
    GO STEELERS GO - STEELERS RULE
    _omni_ wrote:
    solved the problem then?

Yes, pretty much. Johan helped me out a bit on what the methodology of the problem was focusing on. After drawing the diagram myself and thinking about it I figured it out. Thinking back, I almost did it right during the exam, but missed one step.