Options

IT jobs in Poland

aocferreiraaocferreira Member Posts: 50 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hi,

Ive been searching for IT jobs (especially Cisco networking) in Poland, but could not find anything relevant.

Are you able to name some websites that can help with that? Or even some external consultant companies (UK for example) that place contractors throughout Europe (Poland specifically)

Thanks for input.

Comments

• Options
    dmoore44dmoore44 Member Posts: 646
    Every few months I see that UBS Poland posts some positions on the ISC2 jobs board - I'd take a look and see if they have anything available. All the positions I've seen are in Wroclaw.
    Graduated Carnegie Mellon University MSIT: Information Security & Assurance Currently Reading Books on TensorFlow
  • Options
    EstebanArayaEstebanAraya Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    How easy/difficult is to get a Job outside to our country. For example.. I've been also searching for Cisco related jobs in USA and Europe using Linkedin and I don't know if to apply..

What about the phone interviews, the country laws, the job permits? The travel costs at the beginning? Is there someone here with experience going to work at other country?

I'm from Costa Rica.. and I have around 8 years working in the IT World. I'm a CCNP R&S, the last two years working in a NOC with many different issues, Routing, Switching, Wireless, Load Balancing etc etc..

I would like to go to USA or Europe because here in my country the salary is not totally good and I'm not totally happy.

Thanks
  • Options
    varelgvarelg Banned Posts: 790
    How easy/difficult is to get a Job outside to our country. For example.. I've been also searching for Cisco related jobs in USA and Europe using Linkedin and I don't know if to apply..

What about the phone interviews, the country laws, the job permits? The travel costs at the beginning? Is there someone here with experience going to work at other country?

I'm from Costa Rica.. and I have around 8 years working in the IT World. I'm a CCNP R&S, the last two years working in a NOC with many different issues, Routing, Switching, Wireless, Load Balancing etc etc..

I would like to go to USA or Europe because here in my country the salary is not totally good and I'm not totally happy.

Thanks
    Well Esteban, it boils down to the ratio of expenses vs. pay, how much you get as salary vs. how much you spend. Nominally, pay looks better in EU/USA/Canada/Australia or wherever else. But how much will you HAVE TO spend on rent, food, taxes? Also count on spending considerable amount on legal fees, embassy/consulate fees, spending on getting all the required paperwork done, translations, conversions etc.
    You basically first will have to find an employer that would vouch for you in some form in front of their government Over There that they need you and that the open position they have can't be filled out by a local candidate for the salary they offer. You could almost count on that the salary offered is below industry standard. In theory you'd take it because it is still bigger than what you make in your native land, but then you'll have to account for the living expenses in the country you intend to move to. And that's when you get to ask yourself "is it worth it?".
    Generally, labor immigration processes are much more straight-forward and better defined for the countries of the "New World" (US, Canada, Australia) whereas "Old World" (EU) has that process not as clear. Then there is the additional burden of cultural adaption, and as a Costa Rican you'd fit in much easier in the US for example than in Europe. European countries will also require you to learn their language (Germany will force you willy-nilly to speak German, French are the same, Eastern Europe will be even more difficult for you to adapt in as the fenomenon of immigration TOWARDS them is quite new, it usually was immigrating OUT TO somewhere else). The only notable exception is UK.
    Globally, labor immigration requirements are getting stricter and stricter, overall turmoil in certain parts of the world is forcing a lot of people out of their homes and these countries that you are looking to go to are putting more and more scrutiny over how many people are getting in.