Best GPU / CPU today?

higherhohigherho Member Posts: 882
Hi All,

After a long time I decided to build another gaming RIG. However, I haven't kept up with what the best desktop CPU / GPU is. Could anyone aide? I Am looking for an 8 core CPU and of course the best GPU on the market today. It's going to take me roughly 7 months to purchase all the equipment. The plan is to have at least 32 Gig of ram, a decent motherboard with built in HDMI, SATA connections ( at least 6), SSD capability (2.5 and 3.5). Any assistance would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Comments

• TR4V1STYTR4V1STY Member Posts: 62 ■■■□□□□□□□
    For NVIDIA GPUs, everyone is going with the geforce 970($350~) in budget builds. If money is not a problem, the two steps up from that would be the 980($550~), and the Titan($750~). For AMD GPUs i'm not sure. I do know that they run less efficiently. Probably why NVIDIA is dominating.

In the desktop CPU world most people go with a Broadwell or Skylake i7, focusing on a high clock rate. For example the 6700K is 4GHz right out of the box.
  • higherhohigherho Member Posts: 882
    Thank you for the information! So Nvidia is current GPU king? Ah I love how it goes back and forth sometimes you know. I will look into Titan and the 980 and thank you for the CPU information. Going to see the performance difference between the 980 and Titan to be honest. Some reviews state there isn't any but I'm sure there is.
  • TR4V1STYTR4V1STY Member Posts: 62 ■■■□□□□□□□
    As far as I know... Unless you are running a 4k monitor you don't really need a 980 or titan.

I cant think of a current gen game that a 970 cant run at near max settings @1080p. I have a 1440p monitor with a 970 and an i7. I run all games pretty much maxxed out.