Attending DSU for MSIS degree

zxbanezxbane Member Posts: 740 ■■■■□□□□□□
Hey all,

I originally applied and was accepted to the MSIA degree program at DSU but recently decided to shift a little and pursue their MSIS degree to avoid being specifically concentrated of Information Assurance. I currently work in the Information Assurance career field and have 8 years of experience along with the CISSP and CISM. I figure going the MSIS route allows me to potentially keep some more doors open down the line. Lately I've been working more as a Project Manager and less focused on IA.

I haven't decided what specialization to pursue yet but I am thinking either Network Administration and Security or Healthcare Information Systems. Does anyone have any experience with the MSIS program at DSU? If so I would love to hear feedback.

Comments

• aderonaderon Member Posts: 404 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Are you planning on doing it all online or on campus?
    2019 Certification/Degree Goals: AWS CSA Renewal (In Progress), M.S. Cybersecurity (In Progress), CCNA R&S Renewal (Not Started)
  • zxbanezxbane Member Posts: 740 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Online, I live in Virginia. Their online program seemed to be very reputable based on this forum and others.
  • nelson8403nelson8403 Member Posts: 220 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I believe The_Grinch is in that program currently, you may want to talk to him if he doesn't get in this thread.
    Bachelor of Science, IT Security
    Master of Science, Information Security and Assurance

CCIE Security Progress: Written Pass (06/2016), 1st Lab Attempt (11/2016)
  • Khaos1911Khaos1911 Member Posts: 366
    Naw, I think Grinch is doing the Applied Comp Sci degree. Good luck to you, ZX. You can always come back to Penn State world :)
  • zxbanezxbane Member Posts: 740 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Thanks, I actually considered Penn State, the biggest turn offs were that it seems like the degree will state "Penn State World Campus" rather than Penn State and that I don't see an IT M.S. degree option besides the Cyber Security route and they all are MPS rather than MS?
  • akatsuki91akatsuki91 Member Posts: 22 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I don't have any experience with the graduate level work but I did go there for a semester for my undergrad work. Many of my professors taught both grad and undergrad students. Overall I think it was a great experience. Its was very technical and hands on. Many of the courses would have a recorded lecture and we would do a project or lab off of that. Graduate school may be different so I cant say for sure but the staff is very knowledgeable and quick to respond.