Options

One Way Video Interview

VeritiesVerities Member Posts: 1,162
I was contacted recently for a promising position and this is the first step in the process. I've heard of a video interview but this is the first I've ever heard of a one way video interview. Has anyone experienced one of these before?

Comments

• Options
    stryder144stryder144 Member Posts: 1,684 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Yes, I have. In fact, it was rather interesting. The interview consisted of a group of questions and I was expected to answer each of them in quick, one minute or less clips. Naturally, the interview you are being asked to give may not be the same. If it is, try to relax and have fun with it.
    The easiest thing to be in the world is you. The most difficult thing to be is what other people want you to be. Don't let them put you in that position. ~ Leo Buscaglia

Connect With Me || My Blog Site || Follow Me
  • Options
    scaredoftestsscaredoftests Mod Posts: 2,780 Mod
    I went into a room and started the process, it was right then, my dogs started barking in the other room. I was so distracted by that, I knew I blew it. I don't like that way of interviewing. Good grief, it is stressful enough. LOL
    Never let your fear decide your fate....
  • Options
    Very helpful info guys, thanks. I'll let you know how it goes...
  • Options
    I decided to initially pass on the one way video interview but was contacted again for the position (2 weeks later), so I decided to give it a shot. I've done many phone and in person interviews (including panels) and have to say it was the most intimidating interviews I've ever done. The reason being is you're asked a question and have to video/audio record yourself answering the question. You can then review the video yourself before submitting it which resulted in me noticing how many silly facial expressions I make when trying to answer technical questions.

If a company is forgiving they allow you more than 1 take per question, but that did not happen for me. Overall, I think I looked like a fool even though I answered all but one of the questions correctly. I hope this works out as its the most lucrative opportunity I've come across in a while. On a separate note, I have two interviews tomorrow with two other companies...one on the phone and another in person.

When it rains it pours...
  • Options
    sj4088sj4088 Member Posts: 114 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I had an offer to do one of those. I decided to pass.