Options

last time from interview ... . upset

killwarkillwar Member Posts: 29 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi guys i would like to share what basically i was asked to come for interview for this offer.Bear in mind they did advertised like that:Role: Windows System admin,Responsible for maintaining the operational status of Windows servers and computer system. He or she must demonstrate substantial skills and technical responsibility.Experience working with Microsoft Exchange server, Hyper-V, domain controller and IIS.So ok i went and now really, i wasn't prepared and expected to be questionned on other it areas that could require a lot of experience.. i think(?), because i've been asked about cisco questions, what router model switch commands,etc and also,asa firewalls, storage area networks something like a detalied working knowledge of an it instratructure,..so frustrating to tackle those questions that i preferred i know a bit of this and that and thinking now that i couldn't get myself to ask wtf is this interview about? i did had a few questions on dc,dns,exchange and basic it support stuff but the general infrastructure stuff .i wanted to say i thought you were looking for microsoft guy.trying to calm myself down because well i band my head just saying because i had to argue and give too much detailson things i wasnt sure of and try to convince about my knowledge, luckily i do read a lot on these stuffs but i haven't had my hands on thing yet other than doing administration of windows server...now wtf are these kind of interviews do they expect someone to be a know-it-all????icon_rolleyes.gif

Comments

• Options
    UltimasUltimas Member Posts: 27 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I want to say that's normal. Though I'm only mid-level analyst I've always had interviews where they ask questions about topics that the prospective job wouldn't be totally centered on. Normally I felt like they were just trying to see how well-rounded my knowledge was and if I was capable of understanding a situation's underlying cause and able to crafting a comprehensive solution.

You never know, answering those additional questions correctly could mean the difference between earning the position or loosing to a more experienced candidate.
  • Options
    devilbonesdevilbones Member Posts: 318 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Maybe English isn't your native language but your post is very difficult to read. One aspect of being an IT professional is the ability to communicate clearly and be able to work with other teams and programs which span multiple technologies in order to complete a project or resolve an issue. While the Microsoft Exchange environment may be the primary responsibility, you will need to know about SANS, DBs, the Hyper-V and even the network that can cause issues for your Exchange environment. This is why they ask about your knowledge in these areas.
  • Options
    scaredoftestsscaredoftests Mod Posts: 2,780 Mod
    Always be prepared for anything in an interview. Better to be overly prepared than not.
    Never let your fear decide your fate....