Options

Should I negotiate?

UltimasUltimas Member Posts: 27 ■□□□□□□□□□
Just got an offer. Should I negotiate? I really feel like I have an qualifications and experience but I'm wondering if it would seem rude.

Sorry if I'm being vague, just really excited about it but I don't want to jump onboard without having my ducks in a row.

Comments

• Options
    JBrownJBrown Member Posts: 308
    I would not negotiate, If its your first IT job. just put in your 7-10 month, and then look for something better or ask for a raise.
  • Options
    aderonaderon Member Posts: 404 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Always counter offer.
    2019 Certification/Degree Goals: AWS CSA Renewal (In Progress), M.S. Cybersecurity (In Progress), CCNA R&S Renewal (Not Started)
  • Options
    nelson8403nelson8403 Member Posts: 220 ■■■□□□□□□□
    If it's your first job and you feel the pay is fair I wouldn't negotiate it's possible they have someone else lined up for the same job that will accept right away.

If it's a specialized position then definitely counter, worst case they come back and say they can't match (try and stay reasonable with your counter, but ask for more than you'd ultimately like)
    Bachelor of Science, IT Security
    Master of Science, Information Security and Assurance

CCIE Security Progress: Written Pass (06/2016), 1st Lab Attempt (11/2016)
  • Options
    TacoRocketTacoRocket Member Posts: 497 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I would say it depends on your talks with the employer. During my interview they told me I scored highest on the technical exam. So I on purposely asked for more, looking for a counter.
    These articles and posts are my own opinion and do not reflect the view of my employer.

Website gave me error for signature, check out what I've done here: https://pwningroot.com/