Options

Good enough entry level resume

impenimpen Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello,

I have been lurking around here and other forums and feel this is a great community.

I would like to know if anyone can take few minute and evaluate if this is a good enough resume.
I have no real world experience, what i have to work with is, my associate in CIS and in progress on obtaining my A+ cert.
I left other my retail job experience, since it is irrelevant to what i'm searching for.

My main question to you would be, is this enough to land myself at a help desk, i'm trying to build experience, my main goal is working toward a network security engineer position later in life.

This is the resume, do note i purposely left out my name and such but everything else is pretty much is all i can to come up with a experience less resume.

Thank you

http://1drv.ms/1LbHdXJ

Comments

• Options
    yparkypark Member Posts: 120 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Hey impen,

One thing I strongly suggest is putting your retail experience in your resume, highlighting communication/customer service skills. More often than not, entry level IT positions are customer facing and it's one thing the employers look for.

Expand your education section with dates and include GPAs if they are good. Also seems like a good idea to combine course work and technical skills to make room for experience section. If you have fixed computers and set up networks for family/friends/neighbors, include that in there as well.

One last tip for your coursework and skills section is to include details such as what platform and what technology you have used/learned. HR and the hiring managers look at resumes like these all day. Instead of telling them what you know how to do, write down what you have done with what equipment and software. For example, "Setup a network running Microsoft Active Directory (Windows Server 2012 R2) and Exchange Server 2010 with five Windows 7 client workstations for a local church," rather than "experience with Windows Active Directory and Exchange Server."

Also, getting that A+ will make you get past HR filters very quickly.

Good luck!
    2022 Goals: [PCNSE] [JNCIS-SP] [JNCIS-SEC] [JNCIS-DevOps]