Options

WGU software development?

JerseyCatJerseyCat Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi is there anyone on here who has completed WGU's BS software program or is near finishing that can give a review? Also, can you list what you did work wise prior to the program, and where you work now if you've completed the program? Thanks in advance, techexams and wgu are awesome!

Comments

• Options
    cloudyknightcloudyknight Member Posts: 42 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I have 7 classes to go in this program. I think it's great for people who want to learn development and get a practical blend of IT and business courses. I came into this as a junior DBA. I found I enjoyed querying the SQL server, so I wanting to go deeper into programming. I've been in the field 3 years and felt like it was time to get a further degree now that I knew what I wanted to focus on.

Some of the later classes seem to be newer and don't have as much variety in resources. It can seem overwhelming or tricky to approach some of these but the course mentors are available. It is their newest Technology program so they are still working out some of the kinks.
  • Options
    JerseyCatJerseyCat Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks cloudyknight for the response. I plan on starting the program December 1st or January 1st. Other than what WGU provides, what are some resources you have used for studying/ practicing programming?
  • Options
    cloudyknightcloudyknight Member Posts: 42 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I went through the free java courses on udemy before I started.