Options

Job Searching

JohnjonesJohnjones Member Posts: 105 ■■□□□□□□□□
I live in Florida and the market is flooded with staffing agencies. I hardly see any direct positions posted by companies. If I go through an agency, aren't I losing something in the way of total salary? As the client will be paying the company, that's cash that could have went into my pocket?

I understand Linkedin has a premium feature. Has anyone used this? Did it help people locate you / find a job? Careerbuilder?

Comments

• Options
    636-555-3226636-555-3226 Member Posts: 975 ■■■■■□□□□□
    If an agency is your only option and you don't want to go through an agency, my best advice is networking, networking, networking (in a social manner). Join as many local IT groups as your free time allows and get involved with them. It's a lot easier for someone to hire a friend than a stranger walking in the door.
  • Options
    cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    I used LinkedIn Premium for two months last year, one month free trial, one month paid. It didn't see any value at all and didn't make a difference in my job search. I keep seeing reviews online on how great it has been for some but have never met anyone that actually got anything out of it.