Options

prospective CCSP needs Advice .....

kaynaankaynaan Member Posts: 30 ■■□□□□□□□□
I just got my CCNA... and im interested in the security side of computer networks. i want to begin CCSP as soon as possible.

i have no experience with CCNA (still doing my undergrad.), a freind of mine advised me to study CCNP Routing ,Remote Access. only then should i think of going for CCSP.

what do u guyz think, what do u think is the best route for someone like me ..no experience..no job in the networking field (yet !),but still keen on pursuing CCSP !
God give me the serenity to accept the things that i cannot change...and the courage to change the things i can....and the wisdom to know the difference.

Comments

• Options
    determinedgermandeterminedgerman Member Posts: 168
    kayaan,

look through this forum a little bit. Your questions came up a bunch of times in the past. It all depends what you want to do and where you want to go.
    The CCNA just provided you with the basic stepping stone. Many have said to get your CCNP before getting your CCSP because it will give you more advanced knowledge about the routing and switching part of networks. I tend to agree but I am in the process of getting my CCSP and I do not have my CCNP but I am working in the field and have the routing and switching experience.

Hope this helps,

Mike
  • Options
    WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    The CCNA covers plenty of routing and switching information for a prospective CCSP. To be able to study for the CCSP and fully understand the topics, you don't need to be a CCNP. However, and employer may see this very differently, and may very well pick a CCNP+CCSP over an CCSP if all other things (e.g. experience) are equal.