Options

Passed the CISSP 10-15-2015

AlexsmithAlexsmith Member Posts: 42 ■■□□□□□□□□
I've been coming here and viewing all the passed threads for the past month while reading what to study to get a better idea of what to expect. The recommendation on the cybrary videos from this site helped me when it comes to understand what to expect for the exam. I studied previously for about 5 weeks using the Sybex book, Cissp combined notes and the cybrary videos with my own notes as my references. There was still some questions that I didn't recognize from the study material so I had to rely on what I learned in my career experience to pick the best answer. For those taking the test don't go expecting many definition type questions, be prepared to read and understand scenarios and be able to pick the best possible answer from a management point of view.

My previous experience was as a systems administrator for about 2 years and security auditor for about 3 years with a CCNA certification. Now it's time to get endorsed, I was thinking about using my friend but I'm thinking that using my manager or co-worker would decrease the chances of an audit right?

Comments

• Options
    zenturyzentury Member Posts: 17 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations. I'm up next on Oct 17.
    Thanks for your inputs.
  • Options
    Mike7Mike7 Member Posts: 1,107 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Alexsmith wrote: »
    My previous experience was as a systems administrator for about 2 years and security auditor for about 3 years with a CCNA certification. Now it's time to get endorsed, I was thinking about using my friend but I'm thinking that using my manager or co-worker would decrease the chances of an audit right?

Congrats on the pass!

You need 5 years accumulated infosec experience, and your Sec+ provides for 1 year waiver.

Not sure about the probability of getting audited. If you are unable to get a CISSP to endorse you, ISC2 will, which means they audit you. Which this means is that you need to provide proof of work experience. In my case, ISC2 requested for a signed company letter head verifying my job positions and employment dates. Hope you are on good terms with your manager and HR. :)
  • Options
    DAVIS NGUYENDAVIS NGUYEN Member Posts: 1,472 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • Options
    g33k3rg33k3r Member Posts: 249 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • Options
    sameojsameoj Member Posts: 366 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • Options
    melvinfzmelvinfz Member Posts: 44 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • Options
    clechadoresclechadores Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    thanks for sharing and congrats on the pass
  • Options
    ccnpninjaccnpninja Member Posts: 1,010 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • Options
    clarkincnetclarkincnet Member Posts: 256 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats
    Give a hacker an exploit, and they will have access for a day, BUT teach them to phish, and they will have access for the rest of their lives!

Have: CISSP, CISM, CRISC, CGEIT, ITIL-F
  • Options
    kiransav07kiransav07 Member Posts: 17 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on your achievement
  • Options
    jaandrade3rdjaandrade3rd Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□